Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any trouble with artificial (fluorescent) light ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any trouble with artificial (fluorescent) light ?

Hi guys,

It's my first post as a member, but I did consult the forum and website many times before, Happy to be there !

First off, English is not my first language...

For many years now, I have difficulty with computer screen. I was working in front of a computer at Ubisoft as a 3D animator (I even have my name in a big budget video game).

I didn't quit because of my eye, but I already had many problem back then, so even if I wish I could return in the video game industry, looking at a computer screen hurt my eye almost immediately, even with lowest luminosity and f.lux install on my computer.

Long story short...

I was thinking my problem was with computer screen only but...

For 2-3 years now I notice I can't stand being under artificial light (fluorescent lighting) for a long time. The more and intense are the light the hardest it is. And as soon as I'm under artificial lighting, I feel some kind eye strain, eye pain, dizziness... But mostly eye strain and a ''not feeling good'' sensation.

My problem is only with artificial light, so I don't see it as photophobia, as when I'm outside, I don't feel anything wrong except for dry eye.

So,

Do you guys have any difficulty with artificial/fluorescent lighting ?

Cheers,

Francis

Working...
X