Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punctual plugs - Form Fit plug Oasis - Problem with silicone plugs

Hi!

Does anyone here have experiences with punctual plugs they would like to share with me?

I have tried dissolvable collagen punctual plugs, and they fell out the first day. The second attempt was with a larger size - they both fell out after a week.
    Now I have silicone punctual plugs, I believe they are the "parasol type" from FCI and they have a cap so the plugs sit in place.
    However, I have different eye anotomy, so the one silicone plug works great in one eye, and the other plug is scratching my eye slightly in the inner corner.
    I have read that permanent "smart plugs" are prone to infections, so I am reluctant to try these.
    To close the tearducts surgically seems like a very permanent solution, and my doctor will not preforme this surgery on me since I am quite young, and I had no dry eye prior to PRK.

I really feel the difference with punctual plugs is like night and day. I am very happy I decided to try plugs, although one of my plug is annoying, there is no going back to not having my tear ducts occluded.

Today my doctor suggested I could try a plug called "Form Fit" hydrogel canicular plug from Oasis if I could not cope with the foreign body sensation from my silicone plug.
    Have anyone tried Form fit plugs? Do they stay in place? Do you feel them? Is it hard to remove this type of plug if there is a problem?

Is there anyone on this forum that has had problem with the silicone plugs and have changed to a different type of silicone plug with good results?

I am happy for any answers.

Working...
X