No announcement yet.

Help explain DED surface damage to me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help explain DED surface damage to me.

Dry eye was something that felt like I just needed to take care of ever few days X years ago. Then like 2 years ago it felt like an "event" I started seeing glare around everything. At first it was small then it slowly turned massive.I saw the common glare "cloud" around lights/etc bright objects day or night. Many light sources actually started to scatter - https://www.researchgate.net/figure/...fig4_307550401
    Sun hitting cars, headlights, LEDs, etc. It became hard to even use a computer and only able to do so with tweaking. Was intensively painful and required lots of adapting. Restasis helped immensely where I don't really feel that pain ever. It helps with the "cloud" layer of glare as well - not even close to it being gone though.
    Been to many opthamologists, neuoropthamologist, neurologist - probably 8 doctors total.

It feels like two layers of glare though - like glare "cloud" seems ontop - its hard to make go away completely but blinking and drops do mitigate it.
    The "forward light scattering" doesn't change - which makes me consider damage.

I am on all types of OTC drops, restasis, etc. I have MGD type DED. I honestly have trouble distinguishing how bad my dry eye symptoms are because of how bad my eye strain is due to pretty much every light source scattering.

I know doctors say you shouldn't try to diagnose yourself but its been years and well... doctors aren't doing it. They don't even try to refer me when they can't figure it out [not once]. They just tell me to put in more drops or they don't know. I actually went to one that had a lipiflow machine and they want me to try it which I am considering during next week just to see if anything happens. It was just so shocking to me that I been to so many doctors and this ones only recommending it because they have the machine and ones who don't didn't even try to refer me.

Not to mention I am told my eyes are NOT dry enough for these symptoms/etc but it must be because of DRY EYEs because they can't find any other causes. My most recent TBUT score was 7 seconds but prior was 10[which barely qualified as DED] a year ago/

Is it possible that I have damage to my ocular surface and its just not healing? I have no idea how the surface treats itself and I honestly cant remember if they did test me for surface damage. I've had a barrage of machines - I remember year(s) ago a dye and them checking the margins but not the surface. No idea if it just doesn't heal as long as dry eye is still prevalent or what.

Any clues/insight?
    Last edited by eqzitara; 07-Jul-2020, 10:16.
Working...
X