Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phobia of things touching my eye.. CAN'T wear contact lens.. Help?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phobia of things touching my eye.. CAN'T wear contact lens.. Help?!

So I have had a phobia since I can remember for 30+ years about anything touching my eye. At this point, it feels 100% involuntarily and uncontrollable that anytime a doctor moves near my eye that I will flinch seemingly uncontrollably and move away. Some doctors are understanding and patient.. while of course, others are not {particularly in the U.S). this is a sensitivity I have had since a young child and feel I cannot control it at all.. perhaps in my case there is something physiological also causing it as a protective mechanism? who knows..

but I have Recurrent Cornea Erosion. I've never had a doctor able to put a contact lens in my eye while I'm awake before.. recently I did a Superficial Keratectomy under moderate sedation (I was completely asleep).. and they installed a contact bandage on my eye.. it's been 1 week now and the doctor is planning to remove the contact bandage soon.. however, we tried the other day.. and he was unable to get it off he only tried for 5 minutes and said well okay I guess we can leave it on longer since it's probably doing more good than bad.. but in a few days we need to get it off..

Can someone please advise me for a patient with my kind of sensitivity.. about how I can make it easier to have the contact lens removed?

also, because the lens has seemingly helped.. it would be good to have the option to use one in the future if necessary.. but I don't know how I could ever get another one installed while I'm awake.

I also have this fear that the doctor will miss the contact lens and poke my eye.. since he is using a tweezer looking tool to remove the contact lens

I hate having this problem.. and while many people seem to have this kind of problem.. mine seems to be worst than most people unfortunately. (
Working...
X