No announcement yet.

Concerns Post Superficial Keratectomy.. Questions and Concerns since doing it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerns Post Superficial Keratectomy.. Questions and Concerns since doing it

I did my first Superficial Keratectomy three weeks ago. Since then the vision in my eye that received the SK has been entirely blurry. Looking at sunlight coming through the window just looks like a blob of light. I can't really read letters clearly from any distance.. but it becomes impossible to make out letters more than a foot or half a meter away. Basically everything is still blurry in that eye three weeks later. For anyone on here who has done a Superficial Keratectomy before. Is this normal? Is this similar to what you experienced. I did two follow-ups with the eye doctor after the Superficial Keratectomy procedure. He said there is a "defect" in the middle of the cornea and that's why everything is blurry. We decided to keep the contact lens on for another two weeks, and he put me on a stronger steroid drop. However, now I am overseas in a foreign country where I don't speak the language. Tomorrow, I am supposed to see a doctor here to look at the eye and hopefully remove the contact lens as I'm supposed to. I'm just freaked out about all this. I can't believe it's been three weeks and everything is still blurry from my eye that received the Superficial Keratectomy. I just really want to know if this is normal, if other people have gone through this, and suggestions or feedback on what to do or what to ask the Turkish doctor tomorrow?
Working...
X