Where to get IVCM, Proparacaine Challenge, and Esthesiometry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get IVCM, Proparacaine Challenge, and Esthesiometry

I am trying to sort out my dry eye problems along with photophobia, with possible neuropathic component to my pain. As far as I can tell, the following tests would possibly provide some good information:

IVCM (In Vitro Confocal Microscopy) of my cornea - to see the condition of my corneal nerves

Proparacaine challenge - to help determine whether there is CNS (Central Nervous System) component to my pain, or is it all coming from the cornea

Esthesiometry of the cornea - to quantify the actual degree of sensitivity of my cornea to stimulus

Light sensitivity analysis - to quantify the degree of light sensitivity and whether certain colors of light are more problematic than others

So far, I have not found anyone to suggest any of these tests, or agree to do them, even though I read about it on the internet as something to help determine the cause of photophobia

Does anyone know of any doctor in the US that does these tests, or is it all just done in a research context? I found a doctor at Bascom Palmer in Florida that appears to frequently do these types of tests on patients that have eye pain, but I cannot get an appointment with here until at least September, if at all.

Please, if you can provide information on doctors that might be able to help with one or more of these tests, I would greatly appreciate it. You can private message me if you don't want to post in this thread.

By the way, I have already had all the other dry eye related tests, and although I do have dry eyes, my symptoms of ocular pain and photophobia appear to be out of proportion to the condition of my eyes and eyelids.

Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

HelpWanted
Working...
X