Is This Really Dry Eye? Hoping for Some Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This Really Dry Eye? Hoping for Some Feedback

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I'm hoping to get some feedback about my issue. In January 2022 I was working in my garage and when I walked into the house it felt like something had gotten into the right side of my right eye. I thought it would go away but it didn't so I ended up at an ophthalmologist who recommended steroid drops as the eye was pretty irritated by then. They helped short term but the right side of my right eye was still bothering me so I ended up back at the doctor who advised it was dry eye. My condition really isn't itching or burning, it's a foreign object sensation. So they MRI'd me and X-ray'd me - both came back negative. I've seen a half dozen doctors now with similar conclusions - dry eye. I've done all the usual stuff, the mask, Occusoft, the Systane gel at night, Xiidra. Also artificial tears, which don't offer even temporary relief. The doctors tell me left and right eye pretty much present the same. A couple even told me my left is worse than my right. My left eye feels fine but my right eye is very irritated. I may have had this condition all along but the irritation started at a specific time in a specific eye in a specific location in that eye. My conclusion is I may have had dry eye all along but that probably isn't what's bothering my right eye. Thoughts? Feedback? Anyone with a similar story?
    Thanks!, Chris
Working...
X