Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice please! Eyelid swollen for nearly 1 YEAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please! Eyelid swollen for nearly 1 YEAR!

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and in pretty desperate need of some advice. I'm at my wits' end after having a red, swollen eyelid for almost a full year. I've tried various treatments with minimal success and honestly don't even know what to do next.

Quick timeline:

Feb 2023 - Woke up with eye swollen shut. Went to urgent care and was diagnosed with a chalazion. Given oral antibiotics and antibiotic/steroid eye gel.

March 2023 - No progress. Visited ophthalmologist who investigated and recommended warm compresses (dear lord the amount of compresses).

May 2023 - Visited the same ophthalmologist who said waiting and warm compresses were the only thing he would recommend.

July 2023 - Visited an oculoplastic surgeon for an excision and kenalog shot. After major swelling, overall size went down but eyelid remained swollen.

August 2023 - Couldn't get a follow-up with the oculoplastic surgeon for 5 MONTHS so visited another opthamoloist who examined my eye and said some of the chalazion material was still there. Performed another excision with kenalog injection and recommended follow up treatment for dry eye.

October 2023 - Still swollen. Began series of IPL, Lipiflow and Blephex for dry eye. Was told this would also help decrease the redness and swelling but it didn't.

December 2023 - Completed the course of (expensive) treatments and the ophthalmologist literally shrugged and said "well, you've had all the treatments." and didn't offer any further plans to deal with the significant swelling that remains.

In addition, I've also tried oral Omega 3 supplements, colloidal silver, Ocusoft wipes, Avenova Hypochlorus spray, Allegra supplements, allergy eye drops, and even the highly acclaimed Wet Ones, but my eyelid remains red and swollen daily. I've also tried just leaving it alone and doing nothing for weeks at a time but that doesn't help either. The swelling pushes it down rather than up, giving the appearance of ptosis and makes my eyes extremely asymmetrical. It's severely affected my confidence and I'm constantly taking selfies of myself to see if there has been any progress.

I'm attaching a couple of photos. Any advice or suggestions would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1458.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	309.4 KB
ID:	242500
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1462.jpeg
Views:	90
Size:	328.1 KB
ID:	242501
Working...
X