Q-tip therapy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q-tip therapy!

I was in agony with dry eye. I had made several "emergency " visits to my primary care doctor and the eye doctor. My primary care doctor said he didn't have a clue as to what would help this chronic dry eye problem since he had exhausted his brain - in fact, I had "educated" him on many things I had done as a result of my own research. The eye doctor said I was in a stage of conjunctivitis and just do warm compresses and continue taping my eye closed - also use LUBRICATING eye drops all day. I already had been doing all this and was in extreme discomfort up until a few weeks ago.

I read on a blog that sometimes the glands in the eyelid are so clogged with thick oil, they are actually not providing any of the necessary substance that makes the tear coat the eye, and slow its evaporation. This made sense to me, although I had been meticulously doing lid scrubs, warm compresses - I couldn't imagine what else I could do that would help. This business was taking up most of my day I was in such misery. Then, I read about a procedure of doing warm (hot as you can stand) compresses, followed by taking a Q-tip and rolling the stem of it from below the eyelid up to the eyelid and from above the top lid down to the edge of the top lid - while the eye is still warm from the compress. My prayers were answered. After 2 days of doing this, my eyes are comfortable!!!!!!!!!!! I am not using any drops during the day because I firmly believe that drops may inhibit your own tear production. I still tape my eyes shut at night because that is when I know my tear production is very low, and also I have had the eye doctor verify that I don't close my eyes fully when I sleep. He actually saw the line across my eye in the microscope one morning when I woke up in extreme pain.

I think I read the life-saving advice on your website. Thank you. It just goes to prove that doctors frequently are not the answer - we have to be able to advocate and research our own problems. Also, I think this dry eye is a problem that is not taken seriously and should be for the amount of pain it causes and the way it takes your life away from you.

Now, I am going to get some "hair" tape for nights. What a great idea. I have been using bandage tape - ouch!
    THANK YOU FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Kay S.
Working...
X