Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One positive step for RS patients

From my state medical board:

"Following its review of the new information, including an opinion by an expert in the field, it concluded that its original decision regarding informed consent was not correct. Therefore, the Board voted to reconsider its disposition of the original complaint. Following its reconsideration, the Board voted to dismiss the complaint and issue Dr. x a letter of guidance that includes his personally taking the time and effort to discuss risks, benefits and alternatives of refractive surgery that is tailored to each patient’s clinical exam and not delegate this ethical responsibility. This recommendation is critical in refractive surgery because of the emotional/psychological importance patient’s place on their eyesight and the elevated expectations of results by media advertising that are promised but may not be fulfilled.
    The Board strives for excellence and improvement. It is committed to increasing its use of outside consultant expertise in reviewing cases."

(silly me, I actually cried when I read this) I am soooooo tired.

Now if we can get the National Federation of State Medical Boards all on the same page, that would be progress. Next project!

If I have to step down from my current position, I am thinking of becoming a professional letter writer. (of course, only on good eye days) LOL

I also added an Avatar to my profile for all of my fellow dog lovers!! Check out the love(s) of my life, Aliy (Siberian Husky) and Oreo (who knows!!??)

Natalie
    Lasik induced severe dry eye 7/14/06
Working...
X