Soreness, pain, dry eye symptoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soreness, pain, dry eye symptoms

I have read thru many posts on this forum. It's great to have understanding into the pain and frustration of dry eye problems. I am constantly aware of my dry eye syndrome - it doesn't go away and gets much worse at night. Hurts to read at night. I'm not as energetic as I used to be. I know it makes me very irritable because it's this chronic pain and I can't make it go away. I've been to several doctors. Trying to find one that specializes in dry eye symptoms. One doctor told me to not wear make-up. Yet, my pain is only in one eye. Another doctor inserted a smartplug, advising me that is can later be removed. When I went back in to have it taken out, she told me it was a permanent plug. I called the company and they said it can be easily removed with saline syringe. I went to another doctor who did use a saline syringe. I can't tell if it's out or not. I feel something at the tear duct. I don't know if it's caused by this smartplug (which I've read up on this site), or dryness, etc.

I have constant pain in my left eye, at the tear duct, sometimes a feeling of something in my eye that I can't get out. It can feel like a dirty contact lens, or a raw, throbbing pain or just sore, as in a rubbing your eye too hard soreness, like I got punched in the eye. Lasik was done in March 05. In the morning, it feels like there is a film in my eye, until I put drops in. Still feels like a film or coating. Hard to explain. Anyone else experience this feeling? There is always a feeling of something 'in the eye'. A foreign object sensation, and burning. It does feel like my eye burns, sometimes worse than other times.

No real problems with the right eye - either in vision or extreme dryness, like the left. Left eye vision isn't as clear as right eye. Slightly blurry in distance. I was -7.0 before lasik - left eye slightly worse than right eye.

I have another appt. next week with a different doctor. I want to make sure the smartplug is out but how can I be sure? I read on this forum that it can take up to 5 years for nerve endings to heal. I have been using restasis in the left eye for over a year. Now I am reading that might be causing the burning feeling. I had tried several vitamins including flaxseed, fish oil, beta carotene, Ocuvite, Theratears. I take flaxseed and fishoil regularly. still hurts!

Thinking of stopping restasis. Going to see if the plug is indeed removed or if it's lodged down in the punctal area, that it can come out.

Any advice or suggestions is very appreciated.
    Last edited by Daisy; 10-Mar-2008, 13:40. Reason: mispellings
Working...
X