Maxidex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxidex

Diagnosed with SS a couple of years ago - main problem is dry eyes. Ok during the day, night time is a challange but under control (mix Bion tears and Lacrilube together. I am ok compared to a lot of people on this forum)

I have been on Restasis for about a year, getting it through the SS Clinic in Toronto. (not approved in Canada yet)

I was asked if I would be interested in a study for Maxidex - means I would have to go off Restasis for a month before trying it.

I said I would think about it and ask questions at my next eye appointment in May - between now and my appointment, I'll do research.

I think the time taking Maxidex is time limited - maybe a couple of weeks.

Not sure and don't know much about right now.

Question: Is anyone familiar with this drug? Has anyone taken it? If so, what were the results?

Thanks for anticipated replies

eva

BTW, read an article, wish I could rmember details. basically it stated that
    SS patients develop some "shield" (my words) that protect them from bacteria in the eye. For me it must be true. I no longer worry about bacteria when I reapply guck to my eye in the middle of the night. I have to be quick - as in a couple of seconds, otherwise I can't go back to sleep right away. So I just stick Bion tears and Lacrilube on my index finger, put it right in my eye and go back to sleep. Sounds disgusting but better than staying awake. Also, I just came back from Michigan and bought GenTeal Gel without preservatives - not available in Canada. So far, no difference between that and Bion Tears but it's only been 2 days of use
Working...
X