Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increased night-time dryness and Dwelle

Hi everyone,

First to update my situation: I am still on the DHEA drops/4 times a day. I see the increased oil production, but my eyes are still not feeling as good as when I first started it. It has now been almost a month since I have been on 4 drops/day. Perhaps it will get better. Also, I stopped Restasis on Sunday or Monday. It was irritating my eyes too much. Plus I think I was developing an allergy to it. I started using Dwelle on Wednesday.

My night time dryness has been getting worse over the last month or more. I know that my tranquileyes goggles were messed up because the foam moved and was not centered properly, so I was not getting a good seal. I just got replacments for that. That hasn't fixed the problem. BTW, I don't use the middle foam pads because they are too irritating. While I was waiting for the replacements to come, I tried using my goggles for sleep and I tried wetting cotton squares to increase the moisture. That only helped minimally - so it doesn't seem like just covering my eyes is the issue. I have also tried putting the wet cotton squares in the tranquileye goggle. They don't irritate my eyes, but I can't say I am noticing an improvement either.

I had been using Genteal gel for night time for a long time. I thought that was drying my eyes out. So I stopped that too and tried some other things. I have now been using Dwelle at night since Wednesday. I still have to get up about after 4 hours to reapply and then again when I wake up to get my eyes open. Does it take time to get to the point where one drop is enough?

I also purchased some Mini drops because I wasn't sure when the Dwelle would get here and regular drops like Systane or Theratears were not cutting it anymore. They seem ok, but I only used them a couple times. I am trying to stick only to Dwelle to give it a fair chance.

One last thing - I noticed that my eyelids were a little puffy the first day I used Dwelle. Has anyone else had this happen? They don't look so much that way today.

Thanks for listening and your help.
    dryeyes2
Working...
X