Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sample question for Dr. Holly at the Istanbul Conference

Dear Dr. Holly - -

Something I would pose to any eye health practitioner, regarding collyria, would be whether any of the products commercially available, today, can be expected actually to improve any aspect of ocular surface health. By this, I would not be pressing for proof of therapeutic benefits in the form of clinical trials; I would, instead, simply be asking for a common sense answer.

I can say with certainty that doctors need to be reminded that there is a difference between drops that feel good for a moment, and drops that actually alter tear film and corneal health for the better. At my last check-up, I very excitedly and explicitly told my doctor that my symptoms had abated tremendously after some months on Dwelle and FreshKote, and that something had definitely changed. He noted a more stable tear film than before (measured by TFBUT). He then went on to urge me to switch from Dwelle to Soothe (a petrolatum-based product) for a while (:^)). . .(I'd actually already used Soothe, and suffered badly while on it. . .and would not have dreamed of following the recommendation.)

Anyway, it didn't even register with the doctor that a drop COULD be therapeutic. . .

And so I propose the above question in that spirit. . .

Thank you for asking!
    <Doggedly Determined>
Working...
X