Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update and some questions for you about hormone, eye plugs etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update and some questions for you about hormone, eye plugs etc.

Hello! I just wanted to write about how it’s going for me. The good thing is that I’m not as depressed anymore and I have a bit more hope. I’m working again and meeting friends. But my eyes feel so dry that I have to rest a lot. I was wondering if anyone has had these symptoms that I’m experiencing: my eyes feel very very stiff, like I can hardly move them. At night or after a few hours of being awake I often get very frustrating headaches around the eyes, nose, temples, chin, and forehead. It feels like pressure and it’s really unsettling but not really painful. Sometimes it feels like my head will just pop. I think it gets worse when my eyes are more stiff and dry. I’ve also been getting very sensitive to sunlight and it hurts a lot and makes the headaches worse. I don’t have a lot of stinging in the eyes in later days but some itchiness.

A few weeks ago I got temporary plugs. My eyes feel more moist, especially after putting in eye drops. They don’t feel just as stiff anymore but other than that they feel a bit more itchy and irritated. It’s been a week since I put them in. Is it a good sign or should I be concerned? Is it a sign of inflammation? What is worse, dryness or inflammation? According to my doctor I have both mgd due to inflammation but also dry eyes since I have too little tears. So it’s both.

I also have a question if anyone knows anything about birth control? I have been on my birth control for about 3 years and got the eye problems shortly after so I decided to try if it could help to quit. But since quitting I have a lot of period cramps, bad skin and it’s just frustrating that I can’t really see that it gets better. I have been off it for about 2 months. Does anyone have any idea if I should see a difference by now if it actually is the birth control? What would you do in my position. I just feel with my eye pain and struggles it adds more stress with bad skin and further on but at the same time I would gladly take it if it meant better eyes. Would be glad if you had any inputs!
Working...
X