Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What helps your bloodshot eyes appear less red? Does anything actually work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What helps your bloodshot eyes appear less red? Does anything actually work?

I've had extremely bloodshot eyes for about 4 years. They stay pink all day but at 6pm every night they suddenly turn bloodshot red - a very dark red that is impossible for anyone to not notice if they look at me. Being a 23 year old guy, this has a massive psychological effect on me as I'm sure those of you with red eyes are all too aware.

I think my red eyes were caused by wearing Ortho-K lenses (which I've now stopped), which would explain why they get worse at night (Ortho-K lenses are only worn at night), although it doesn't explain why they get worse at about 6pm when I put my lenses in at about 12-1am.

Has anyone actually found anything that helps reduce the redness? I've been researching for years and not found anything. I'm starting to think there is no cure - the idea there is no cure is a deeply depressing thought. The only thing I have found that works are the 'get the red out' eyedrops' which are obviously damaging in the long run so I won't dare touch them as I don't want to do anymore damage.

So - has anyone found anything that helps? I'd love to find someone that has tried something that has worked for them, just so it gives me a bit of hope!

Hey,

Really sorry to hear this.

I'm 22 years old and have been battling post lasik dry eyes for 3.5 years.

Don't get down! Although dry eyes may not be curable, you can certainly learn to live with and manage them.
    This forum is a great source of information and an excellent place to begin.
    It took me a while to get passed all the self blame and depressive thoughts, but I am so glad I did (in large thanks to the forum)
    Ultimately they are useless and counter productive.

May I ask what you've tried so far?

Comment

Working...
    X