Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, Has anyone had any side effects from Restais?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, Has anyone had any side effects from Restais?

Hi I waas diagnosed with dry about two months ago and was immediately put on Restasis. Unforntunately I experienced some weird side effects. Eyelid spasms with extreme irritation that usually lasted about an hour or more. It was extremely debilitating. I perplexed my doctors who tried to prescbribe some cortsosone drops to help but they really didn't do anything for me. I was hoping someone coould offer some advice or some similar experiences. Thanks, Nelson.

Restasis

Hello Nelson - My eye doctor put me on Restasis and I could not stand it. After the first morning dose, it took all day for my eyes to stop burning. By then, it was time for the evening dose. Needless to say, it burned all night until morning and I could hardly sleep. Then it was time for the morning dose! Guess what? I stopped using it and even though I have tried it again, I just can't get past the burning. My own eye doctor tried it and couldn't believe how much it burnt. This was just not for me. Maybe for you it will just take time. I gave it a month and a half and that was all I could take.

Comment

Hi Gaye, thanks for the story. I thought I was a freak or something. My dotors couldn't understand what was going on with me. I actually checked some other postings on this website and found that there were a bunch of others who also had adverser reactions to the restasis. I guess they need to come out with more ideas. There was this article I found that actually looks interesting. It involves stem cells and how they react within the eye. It seems the stem cells responded remarkably. Unfortunately the experiment was conducted in animals, but it still looks promising. Here is the link if you are interested in reading it.

http://scc.healthcentral.com/bcp/mai...ap=68&brand=29

Comment

Working...
      X