Cleaning sclerals without solution?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning sclerals without solution?

After 5-6 hours after insertion, my lenses get really dirty and need to be removed/cleaned/re-inserted. But this time, they'll only last 3 hours. After cleaning again, they'll only last 2... you get the idea. It's frustrating to have to clean them 3-5x during the day.

I was considering using a stronger cleaner like Miraflow/Boston/Walgreens-brand in the middle of the day, and then:
    * rinsing with tap water
    * rinsing with BioTrue (what I usually use)
    * rinsing/filling/re-inserting with Addipak

This is not recommended by any of the cleaners...but has anyone else tried something similar? Using a cleaner without letting it sit for 4-6 hours in solution?

I have the same issues with my lenses as well, but I clean mine because of debris from the dry eye-- not dirt. I use Lobob to clean the lens and then rinse thoroughly with saline. I never use tap water. Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Amyfloor View Post
      I have the same issues with my lenses as well, but I clean mine because of debris from the dry eye-- not dirt. I use Lobob to clean the lens and then rinse thoroughly with saline. I never use tap water. Hope this helps!
      How often do you find yourself doing this? Once a day, 2x/ day, more?

Comment

At least once a day but usually twice. I wear my lenses 12 hours a day

Comment

I was having a similar problem where my devices would get dirty during the day, especially if I was out side. I can't take mine out and reinsert them right away or I will get rainbows/halos around all the light sources. What my doctor told me was to take a clean q-tip and put some sterile saline on it and use that to kind of squeegee the device. It works for me pretty well!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X