Cleaning sclerals without solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning sclerals without solution?

After 5-6 hours after insertion, my lenses get really dirty and need to be removed/cleaned/re-inserted. But this time, they'll only last 3 hours. After cleaning again, they'll only last 2... you get the idea. It's frustrating to have to clean them 3-5x during the day.

I was considering using a stronger cleaner like Miraflow/Boston/Walgreens-brand in the middle of the day, and then:
    * rinsing with tap water
    * rinsing with BioTrue (what I usually use)
    * rinsing/filling/re-inserting with Addipak

This is not recommended by any of the cleaners...but has anyone else tried something similar? Using a cleaner without letting it sit for 4-6 hours in solution?

I have the same issues with my lenses as well, but I clean mine because of debris from the dry eye-- not dirt. I use Lobob to clean the lens and then rinse thoroughly with saline. I never use tap water. Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Amyfloor View Post
      I have the same issues with my lenses as well, but I clean mine because of debris from the dry eye-- not dirt. I use Lobob to clean the lens and then rinse thoroughly with saline. I never use tap water. Hope this helps!
      How often do you find yourself doing this? Once a day, 2x/ day, more?

Comment

At least once a day but usually twice. I wear my lenses 12 hours a day

Comment

I was having a similar problem where my devices would get dirty during the day, especially if I was out side. I can't take mine out and reinsert them right away or I will get rainbows/halos around all the light sources. What my doctor told me was to take a clean q-tip and put some sterile saline on it and use that to kind of squeegee the device. It works for me pretty well!

Comment

Working...
          X