One Day at a Time - In Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing better

Hello! Thought I would post an update for anyone that might be paying any attention. Overall, I think I'm doing okay. My eyes are still dry, but not to the point that it is severly interfering with my daily life. I can actually work on the computer now for extended periods of time, which is essential for my work. I have moved past the point where they are so dry and irritated that they are painful and depressing. I'm not completely sure what I can attribute to this improvement except for very close attention to my overall health and diet. I firmly believe that diet is extremely important to ones health. I have become a vegetarian recently and more importantly I think have given up all grains from my diet - most especially wheat and wheat products like bread. I have been able to successfully kick caffeine once again (been two weeks now) and not suffered from doing so. I also was trying to supplement my diet with 5 mg of DHEA on almost a daily basis for two weeks, but I've been off it for 3 days now and have not noticed any real difference in my condition. If anything, the DHEA made me irritable and anxious and I think that I went through a bit of withdrawal from it over the past few days, which I think has finally begin to subside (thank my higher power). I think that the punctal plugs may also be helping to relieve the more sever aspect of my condition.

I'm really looking forward to the newere developments of secretogogues. If anyone has any interesting insight or information, please feel free to send me a private message or post a reply to this thread.

I'll be sure to post again soon to let everyone know of my progress. Prosperity to everyone and good luck in your ventures to better your lives.
    Jason

"We should not be looking for answers to the diseases we suffer from today, but why many peoples in the world don't get them at all."

Comment

hello

hello i have dry eyes just like u do my dry eyes have taken a big deep into my life i have to put eye drops in every 5 minutes and that has really made my life crazy i am 22 years old and i have the eyes of a 70 year old becasue my dry eyes have dameged my tear ducks. i thought i would write to u and let u know that somewhere in the medical field there is hope for all of us. it is hard dealing with dry eyes every day and the pain its hard too. good lucky with everything and keep hoping. dreaming of a better life.

Comment

Good luck to all of us. I live every day certain that something will improved our comfort. I'm coping for now and try to be patient. In the meantime I keep praying for all of us!
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

re caffeine and antidepressants.

Originally posted by sazy123
          Hi jay,

Welcome to the zone, there are plenty of people who have severe dry eye brought on by acutane and other medications, mine was anti depressants. In fact, a lot of these people (medication-induced dry eye) are young in there 20's like you. I cant talk for accutane but i know about evapoartive dry eye from medication. Just out of interest, what type of evaporative dry eye do you think you have or been diagnosed with? Do you have many signs of it like blocked glands, and do you have any aqeous deficency? Im just interested in this at the moment, becuase young people with medication induced dry eye, dont often have that many signs- and could be the MGs not producing enough lipid, without actual blockage of the MGs (primary MGD rather than secondary MGD).

Thanks for the info in to caffine, is there anything else that you have tried that has helped you? I didnt drink cafine before dry eye, and i stay away from it now. Although i have read somewhere that it can be a protective factor for getting dry eye syndrome.
          Hi been reading your thread concerning anti depressants causing dry eye i started taking escitalapram last may my eye problems started the following feb could there be a link im on 10 mg daily.can i ask what sort of antidepressants triggered yours and how long youd been taking them before the eye problems started.Caffeine always gives me a dry mouth so i am avoiding it as everything is connected so wouldnt you reckon it would affect the eye as well...I wish you well..regards, cherrybrandy.

Comment

Working...
          X