Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dry Eye Story

I was diagnosed with Ocular Rosacea 3 years ago. It started with severe pain, burning and light sensitivity. My first visit to my eye Doctor indicated I had an erosion on my cornea which was treated with erythromycin ointment and eye drops. I am not sure which ones I used first but I finally ended up this past year with Bion Tears. I also take Doxycycline. I work at a computer all day and am exposed to dry air heat. Some days it is that bad I have to wear my sunglasses to work at the computer because of the light sensitivity. I am so glad to have access to this site, I have been searching for one for some time. I actually went almost 2 months without a major painful event. But low and behold I started with severe pain 5 days ago and am not comfortable yet. My eyes burn that bad I have to close them. I actually had no relief in the last 5 days from closing my eyes. I had more pain closing them.. I have been tested for Sjogren's and that was negative. I am anxious to read about research and clinical trials. Thanks again for letting me participate. Annie

Originally posted by Annie
    I was diagnosed with Ocular Rosacea 3 years ago. It started with severe pain, burning and light sensitivity. My first visit to my eye Doctor indicated I had an erosion on my cornea which was treated with erythromycin ointment and eye drops. I am not sure which ones I used first but I finally ended up this past year with Bion Tears. I also take Doxycycline. I work at a computer all day and am exposed to dry air heat. Some days it is that bad I have to wear my sunglasses to work at the computer because of the light sensitivity. I am so glad to have access to this site, I have been searching for one for some time. I actually went almost 2 months without a major painful event. But low and behold I started with severe pain 5 days ago and am not comfortable yet. My eyes burn that bad I have to close them. I actually had no relief in the last 5 days from closing my eyes. I had more pain closing them.. I have been tested for Sjogren's and that was negative. I am anxious to read about research and clinical trials. Thanks again for letting me participate. Annie
    Hi Annie

Interesting story. Like most of us dry eyes sufferers I guess I got somewhat the same complaints. I asked my doc about Ocular Rosacea, but she said that ít could be that, but she hadn't seen any strong proof of it. We talked about a dermatolog (skinn-doc?), but well the topic just never came up again.
    On which basis were you diagnosed with the ocular rosacea?

Greetings

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X

Debug Information