Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any permanent solution for dry eyes at the age of 60?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDITTY28
    replied
    Originally posted by Tharmad123 View Post
    Hey there,

My grandmom is 60 years old. She is an Indian native and last month she came to Canada for a visit. Since last week, she has eye irritation and discharges from her eyes. When consulted an ophthalmologist in Toronto, they suggested undergoing some tests. Later she was diagnosed with dry eyes.

They suggested it as a symptom of aging. I'm really worried about her. They suggested for constant use of eye drops as a solution. Is there any permanent solution for dry eyes at the age of 60?
    Please share your knowledge.

Thanks!
    Your grandma will have Dry Eyes for the rest of her life, it will come and go in terms of symptoms. There are different variations of Dry eye, the variations determine the best course of action. Suggest she should talk to her doctor. The more severe her symptoms are, the more aggressive the treatment. I many cases, multiple therapies like a compress, anti inflammatory, preservative free tear etc

Leave a comment:

• gilles
    replied
    Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Hi!
    i have dry eyes and have had 4 punctum cauterised.
    current routine: a.m. 1drop of ikervis (Ciclosporin) in each eye.
    Heat eyelids for 10 minutes (microwave method), massage, clean with Blephaclean wipe.
    preservative free Hypromellose eye drops during the day
    p.m. 1drop of ikervis both eyes.

any helpful advice please on how to ease symptoms of this i.e. Meibomian gland dysfunction and dry eyes.
    What kind of warm compress do you use? How do massage the eyelids? Try Blephasol on a cotton pad (the product that is used in the blephaclean wipes), as it's cheaper.
    I use cyclosporine drops 3 times a day, and you twice, right? So maybe try to ask your doctor if 3 times a day is a good idea.
    Try to find the underlying origin(s) or your dry eyes, e.g. change your diet, try to add omega3 or sunflower seeds for example, less computerscreen time, moisture chamber glasses for windy conditions outside, ...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi!
    i have dry eyes and have had 4 punctum cauterised.
    current routine: a.m. 1drop of ikervis (Ciclosporin) in each eye.
    Heat eyelids for 10 minutes (microwave method), massage, clean with Blephaclean wipe.
    preservative free Hypromellose eye drops during the day
    p.m. 1drop of ikervis both eyes.

any helpful advice please on how to ease symptoms of this i.e. Meibomian gland dysfunction and dry eyes.

Leave a comment:

• gilles
    replied
    Using a warm eye compress to melt the meibum which is blocked in the glands can help, also cleaning the lash line and eyelids (e.g. using BlephaSol) with a cottonpad.

I'll refer you to section 'Is there anything I can do to prevent dry eye?' of https://www.dryeyezone.com/do-i-have-dry-eye
    Last edited by gilles; 18-Mar-2020, 03:14.

Leave a comment:

• Is there any permanent solution for dry eyes at the age of 60?

Hey there,

My grandmom is 60 years old. She is an Indian native and last month she came to Canada for a visit. Since last week, she has eye irritation and discharges from her eyes. When consulted an ophthalmologist in Toronto, they suggested undergoing some tests. Later she was diagnosed with dry eyes.

They suggested it as a symptom of aging. I'm really worried about her. They suggested for constant use of eye drops as a solution. Is there any permanent solution for dry eyes at the age of 60?
    Please share your knowledge.

Thanks!
Working...
X