Looking forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking forward

I was diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome about 2 1/2 years ago. Since then I have spent much of that time with recurring corneal erosions, which means many trips to the eye dr. and expense for bandaid contacts and meds I would rather not have. Last week I finally had PTK done on my left eye and right eye scheduled in 2 weeks. Tho I will still have dry eyes, hopefully this will eliminate the recurring corneal erosions which are a very painful thing to go thru. They told me this was the definitive treatment and rarely has to be repeated. Lets hope this is true!

Dody, as the owner of 7 year post-lasik eyes (including RCE), EBMD etc, I was also recently diagnosed with Sjogrens Disease. My eyes have been dry since the lasik surgery.

I would question the PTK for someone with Sjogrens. I'm not a doctor, you understand, but we do not heal like other people having eye surgery. I hope this (PTK) is a help to you. I would get a second opinion before having the second eye done!

Does this ophthalmologist know you have Sjogrens? I wonder if they would do lasik on a Sjogrens patient? Not a good idea. Please be careful.
    Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Welcome Dody! Good luck with the PTK... fingers crossed for good healing. Keep us posted please!
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Welcome Dody!

Hello Dody my name is Delilah and I've been on here for quite some time. I was diagnosed with severe dry eye, MGD and LD. I've went to numerous doctors and a very good eye clinic and there is nothing they can do for me so I just try to take each day by day. I was wondering what your symptoms of sjorgens syndrome were? I haven't been checked for that and was wondering if that was something I should look into as I have extremely dry skin, dry eyes, and dry mouth constantly. What tests do they do and what kind of doctor should I go see about it?
        I am also not sure if I have Crohns disease but went to the doctor and he was pretty sure I had it but couldn't make a positive mark until I get the colonoscopy which I can't afford at the time. I also suffer from erythema nodosum which are these painful nodules on my legs, they are not sure if it's from the Crohn's or something else? I take doses of potassium iodide but can't take it for too long as it will destroy your thyroid.
        Yes I am quite a mess being so young, I am only 31 and have so many problems it's crazy but I try to keep a positive attitude. I have had dry eye for 5 years now and the worst part is these mucus strings that come out of my eyes non-stop. Geez I was suppose to just welcome you then I drop a bomb on you lol, I just wanted to know how sjorgens is diagnosed and what tests they do, I know there is medicine for it, have you tried it? Does it work? God Bless Delilah

Comment

Hi Delilah

I sent you a PM.

Calli

Comment

Working...
          X