Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unbearably Dry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbearably Dry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been suffering with DES since 2002! It got worse over the years, only god knows why, I ate normally, never smoke, had no sicknesses or took any hormones etc. etc.!! I thought I had Sjögrens, but the blood tests were negative, plus my mouth isn't really dry!
    I was on Restasis since 05/06, it did help the cornea, but now I stopped about 5 weeks ago, My eyes are okay, but there are extremely dry days, with an horrible headache, which is killing me at times!
    I ordererd Dwelle, (p.s: i live in germany)!! Hope it helps me a bit!!
    I'm scared to take restasis longer, as it isn't the safest medication!!
    Has anybody tried alternative medication? does it bring anything?

The best to all of ya

Sala

Hi,

I know how frustrating it is to find some kind of relief from dry eyes. I am trying DHEA drops. They help a bit, but it still may be too soon to know if they will work in the long run. I think my dry eyes are related to a drop in hormones from menopause. I don't know if they would help someone younger.

Are you using tranquileyes or something to cover your eyes at night? That helps me as well as using goggles over my glasses during the day when my eyes are really dry. I just started using Dwelle at the beginning of the month. I am not sure about it yet.

Are you using warm compresses or a rice bag and lid massages? That is helpful too.

Has your doctor checked your thyroid or hormone levels?

I tried Restasis for 11 months, but went off it because I was developing an allergy and I don't think it helped much.

These are things that I do that are somewhat helpful.

Best wishes,
    dryeyes2

Comment

Hi, Shahara.

Dryeyes2 has great suggestions, and since you are so young, which is not unique but also not common for the majority of dry-eye patients, it may be worth checking into systemic causes. TranquilEyes have helped me a lot.

Let us know how Dwelle works for you. I hope that it gives you some relief!

--Liz

Comment

similar sensations

Hi Shahara,

I am m/59 and also live in Germany. I currently use Hylan drops over the day and Liposic EDO for the night, this contains a lipid component which better prevents my eye from glueing together. But generally all those tear replacements drops only prevent damages to the eye surface but don't help very much against the sensations when the eyes are stressed. I had similar sensations as you describe as long as I still worked as hard as I used to, and paid little attention to have breaks and protect my eyes from draught (in fact it took me a while to find proper goggles - I fond them at least here on this website). Meanwhile I could reduce the intensity of my work a lot, and I take more breaks for my eyes and make sure they are always well protected when I am outside.
        May be this helps for you as well.

Best wishes

Hinrich

Comment

Hi, I have had dry eyes for over 30 years. I have the boston scleral lens, and they do help me tremendously, I have also been on Dwell for about 6 months now, and I can honestly say that this drop is a miracle. My eyes are not as dry as they have been, and i must add that i have 0 tears. I am a sjogrens patient. But the relief that I have with this drop is short of amazing. I will never be with out it. Once you receive the dwell drops, keep using them, it seems that the longer you use them the better they work. Hope this helps you as much as it has me..

Comment

Msscott-May I ask how long you've had the Boston Sclerals? thanks Lucy
            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

mscott
              I found it interesting that the Dwelle drops helped you over time. I only used them a few times and decided that they didn't help. Guess I will use them again and give them a longer period of time before I discount them.

Comment

Back to good

Hi! After such a long time, I just felt like doing a lil research again in Dryeyezone!

By the way thanks for all your replies! I'm doing way better now!
                I'm on homeopathic medication and I take flaxseed, 2 teaspoons a day, which seems to help!

Homeopathic med. called ALUMINA D 12 seems to have worked for me! Maybe this might help some others as well!

Take care

Comment

Originally posted by Shahara View Post
                  Hi! After such a long time, I just felt like doing a lil research again in Dryeyezone!

By the way thanks for all your replies! I'm doing way better now!
                  I'm on homeopathic medication and I take flaxseed, 2 teaspoons a day, which seems to help!

Homeopathic med. called ALUMINA D 12 seems to have worked for me! Maybe this might help some others as well!

Take care
                  Hi,

I am taking homeopathic remedies aswell at the minute and flaxseed oil every morning. I do feel a little better but still definatley not 'normal'. I feel this horrible dry patch on my left eye.

Comment

Hi

I was wondering, what causes ur dry eye carol?

in my case, I really don't know! A doc. told me that i should check my thyroid level, which is normal though, but she said that it still could be a factor, and asked me to go to a screening of the thyroid! Anyway, I am going to do that now!

But I'm glad that my bad dryness is gone, when i travel i do carry my dwelle drops with me, heaters or shoppingcentres can be an enemy for the eyes.
                    I also eat 2 teaspoons of flaxseed which really seem to make the difference! There is another theory though: I took lot of antibiotics in my past, i've heard that over the years taking lot of antibiotics can damage the important (good) bacterias ur body needs. So this is just a thinking i made.

Anyway, hope ur eyes will feel better soon. Take care

p.s: sorry for my bad english, Im german!

Comment

Originally posted by Shahara View Post
                      I was wondering, what causes ur dry eye carol?

in my case, I really don't know! A doc. told me that i should check my thyroid level, which is normal though, but she said that it still could be a factor, and asked me to go to a screening of the thyroid! Anyway, I am going to do that now!

But I'm glad that my bad dryness is gone, when i travel i do carry my dwelle drops with me, heaters or shoppingcentres can be an enemy for the eyes.
                      I also eat 2 teaspoons of flaxseed which really seem to make the difference! There is another theory though: I took lot of antibiotics in my past, i've heard that over the years taking lot of antibiotics can damage the important (good) bacterias ur body needs. So this is just a thinking i made.

Anyway, hope ur eyes will feel better soon. Take care

p.s: sorry for my bad english, Im german!

I got very dry eye after a month of losing sleep. I have 1000 degree short sight, and I played so much computer game on the few years. I already notice I am ugly at night by don't know that's start of dry eye.

I think dry eye (except Laser induce) is body health problem. I visit chinese doctor and having herbs to improve liver system and kidney system, add more blood, etc.

I found my eye may turn super terrible ugly after dinner, obviously it is eye supply problem, not only tear glands problem told by western doctor.

Comment

Working...
                      X