Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a test for dry eye that correlates with my symptoms (osmolority).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a test for dry eye that correlates with my symptoms (osmolority).

Hi

I saw an optometrist today to try synergeyes (contact lenses), as i suspected they are not a solution for me. The optometrist couldn't find a fit for my corneas, so she gave me the nearest fit in one eye and a rigid lenses (cant remember name)- but apparently those with dry eye found them better than synergeyes. I found them both to be ok (apart from fit in one), were comfortable but still somewhat dry, and it has been a good eye day since my throat is somewhat bad today (so i will have to see when i get them home if they actually help).

Anyway the lady who was lovely and knows her stuff about dry eye, more than any other eyedoc ive seen in the UK. Finely i have received a diagnosis of MGD (posterior and anterior bleptheritis) and told me i had some yellowish secretions and bubbles when she pressed, but i dont have blockage (as thought).

Unlike all the other eye docs who have said my eyes look mild, she performed an osmorolity (sp?), it gives you a number of how severe the dry eye is and you match the number up on the chart. She showed me the chart and my dry ete was on the border of moderate/severe- which is how i have always described it!.
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/
Working...
X