This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Franklin1987 View Post

Yes it is. But like I said it does always stay that clear. Sometimes it goes a bit redder. But ive never seen it this white before and my doc said after my fourth treatment I should notice that it should be white most of the time compared to occasionally.

The process itself is easy as, check google/youtube for IPL for Dry eyes, theres some videos on it.

They have a machine and do about 10 flashes around each eye with some lubricating gel applied. This takes about 10 mins. Then afterwards they check out your glands to ensure they are producing oils and are not blocked.

My doctor said the oil glands in the outside and inside sides of my eyelids were completely blocked. The IPL heats up all the oil and the doc forces it out to clear the blockage with the use of a ear bud.

After my second treatment he said my oil glands were 90% flowing and believes after my fourth treatment it should be 100% and the redness should gradually go away.

I'm still very optimistic about it but im giving it a go and its the best results ive seen from anything ive tried thus far.

IPL is exy though... $380 each treatment.. small price to pay in my eyes (pardon the pun)
    Yeah id pay that but i dont have dry eyes maybe our eyes are red for different reasons. I have ocular allergies for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by bigred View Post

Yeah id pay that but i dont have dry eyes maybe our eyes are red for different reasons. I have ocular allergies for instance.
      are you 100% sure that is what you have?

I have had many doctors say I have allergies, dry eye, rebound effect from drops etc etc

The only way to know for sure is it try everything.. that's my opinion

Comment

I have had many doctors say I have allergies, dry eye, rebound effect from drops etc etc

Here is what i know for sure:
        1. IgE blood test & skin prick test adminstered by allergist confirm dust mite and household mold allergies.
        2. Opthamologist says symptoms consistent with allergic conjunctivitis.
        3. My symptoms get worse in areas where dust is stirred (crowded subways, damp basements (mold), etc.)

With this i can say with high certainty that allergies are at minimum a contributing factor. But as you have implied there could be other things involved as well. Id like to get my tear osmolarity checked i suppose... thats the gold standard for dry eye diagnosis, isnt it?

Comment

Franklin, have you received your 4th IPL treatment yet? How is the progress thus far? Eyes still clear most days?

Comment

I had my third treatment a few days ago where they increased the strength of the IPL.

I have not noticed anything major in the improvement of the redness compared to after the first treatment.

But I do believe overall it has reduced

Fourth treatment is in about a month

I should know more come August whether this is worth doing or successful

Comment

I had my third treatment a few days ago where they increased the strength of the IPL.

I have not noticed anything major in the improvement of the redness compared to after the first treatment.

But I do believe overall it has reduced

Fourth treatment is in about a month

I should know more come August whether this is worth doing or successful
              The doctor does claim it will reduce redness, though?

Comment

He does claim it will reduces the dryness which he believes is the cause of the redness. Not noticing much change at this stage.. actually having a bad week with the redness after returning back from a holiday with lots of sun exposure.

How did you go with your allergist? Any progress from your side?

Comment

Nothing yet, but they say i wont see any effect until the maintenance stage is reached. They are still building my tolerance by increasing each shots dosage level.

Comment

Why can't I add photos? It says cannot add because of storage or something like that.

Comment

Did you figure out how to upload photos? How's ur progress with the allergy treatment? What do they actually do?

I had my fourth IPL, didn't really do much.

I'm going to look at alergies as my next step

Would love some info on how to go about it and things to say in my initial consultation

Comment

Franklin is that IPL result going to last forever? It's a huge improvement from your before pics.

Comment

Did you figure out how to upload photos? How's ur progress with the allergy treatment? What do they actually do?

I had my fourth IPL, didn't really do much.

I'm going to look at alergies as my next step

Would love some info on how to go about it and things to say in my initial consultation
                          I think allergy shots have helped my eyes become a bit less reactive to the things I am allergic to. It is worth mentioning that the American Academy of Opthamology sites Allergy Shots as an effective means of treatment for ocular allergies which can cause redness. Quote and Source below:

"If symptoms are not controlled by allergen avoidance, eyedrops or medicine, immunotherapy (allergy shots) may be an option for relieving eye allergies."

http://www.aao.org/eye-health/diseas...gies-treatment

Comment

Originally posted by nori2015 View Post
                            Franklin is that IPL result going to last forever? It's a huge improvement from your before pics.
                            Agreed he is much improved. I hope it lasts for him.

Comment

Working...
                            X