This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shahara View Post
    Havent you tried any long term Therapy against the all those allergies?
    Currently trying Allergen Immunotherapy (Allergy shots).

Comment

Originally posted by bigred View Post

I am really hoping the allergy shots will provide at least partial relief. Going to continue artificial tears. I read about cauterizing specific blood vessels in the scerla via laser. Have you heard about this?
      I've done this two times. No real result, eyes still red afterwards

Thought about trying IPL?

Ive just had my second treatment and have noticed slight improvement so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Franklin1987 View Post

I've done this two times. No real result, eyes still red afterwards

Thought about trying IPL?

Ive just had my second treatment and have noticed slight improvement so far.
        IPL?? I mean the veins (blood vessels) in my Sclera (white part of eyeball).

Comment

IPL?? I mean the veins (blood vessels) in my Sclera (white part of eyeball).
          Yes I know exactly what you are talking about

IPL can be used to help with eye dryness and redness in eyes

Do a search on this website for IPL and eye redness

Its expensive but I have to give it a shot, I've tried everything else possible (see below)

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/forum...e-parts-of-eye

Comment

Yes I know exactly what you are talking about

IPL can be used to help with eye dryness and redness in eyes

Do a search on this website for IPL and eye redness

Its expensive but I have to give it a shot, I've tried everything else possible (see below)

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/forum...e-parts-of-eye
            Okay ill check that site after this post... i have heard of cauterizing specific veins in the eye as well. Have you heard about this method?

Comment

Yep. Like I said before, I have had two procedures to cauterise the blood vessels on the whites of my eyes. To be honest I don't think it was such a good idea. It had a bad effect on my left eye as it irritated one big blood vessel which is very noticeably red. And it didn't get rid of the general redness in my eye.

Comment

After my fourth treatment of IPL I will post some pics etc. I've been documenting daily progress of the change I'm noticing

Comment

Yep. Like I said before, I have had two procedures to cauterise the blood vessels on the whites of my eyes. To be honest I don't think it was such a good idea. It had a bad effect on my left eye as it irritated one big blood vessel which is very noticeably red. And it didn't get rid of the general redness in my eye.
                  So they cauterized veins, and what... They grew back? Wow...

Comment

After my fourth treatment of IPL I will post some pics etc. I've been documenting daily progress of the change I'm noticing
                    That is cool man. There is not enough readily available data on this topic. I am interested in your results as I may try it too. I thought IPL was for skin in cases like Rosacea. I have no idea how they use an IPL device on the sclera.

Comment

So they cauterized veins, and what... They grew back? Wow...
                      I wouldn't say they grew back. They just never healed. The way they do it is to "burn" each side of the blood vessel hoping it kills it and it eventually fades. This didn't happen for me for both times.. my advice would be to stay clear of it and try and find out the root cause of ur redness..

Comment

That is cool man. There is not enough readily available data on this topic. I am interested in your results as I may try it too. I thought IPL was for skin in cases like Rosacea. I have no idea how they use an IPL device on the sclera.
                        There isn't much data on how to rid red eyes at all haha. I've tried almost everything possible

Comment

I wouldn't say they grew back. They just never healed. The way they do it is to "burn" each side of the blood vessel hoping it kills it and it eventually fades. This didn't happen for me for both times.. my advice would be to stay clear of it and try and find out the root cause of ur redness..
                          When you say "never healed" i am a bit unclear what to imagine as the current status of the vessel. What does it look like? What does it feel like? Pain? More dryness? What do you think went wrong?

Comment

Think of it as a river and blocking the water going through. What they did was try to stop blood flowing through the vein by killing it at each end and let it eventually die and fade away. After two times cauterizing the vessel it did not work. I don't have much pain other than general soreness.. its more the visual side of things with the red eyes.

I don't think the procedure is the right avenue to get rid of redness.. I have hundreds of little tiny red veins that appear when my eyes worsen. Cauterizing wouldn't fix that at all

Here are pictures of pre and post IPL treatment so far

https://ibin.co/2jK2aBswCXiE.jpg

Note - my eye does not currently look clear as the second picture every single day. Some days are not great but im noticing it is clearer more often than not compared to what it used to be

Comment

Think of it as a river and blocking the water going through. What they did was try to stop blood flowing through the vein by killing it at each end and let it eventually die and fade away. After two times cauterizing the vessel it did not work. I don't have much pain other than general soreness.. its more the visual side of things with the red eyes.

I don't think the procedure is the right avenue to get rid of redness.. I have hundreds of little tiny red veins that appear when my eyes worsen. Cauterizing wouldn't fix that at all

Here are pictures of pre and post IPL treatment so far

https://ibin.co/2jK2aBswCXiE.jpg

Note - my eye does not currently look clear as the second picture every single day. Some days are not great but im noticing it is clearer more often than not compared to what it used to be
                              Wow the improvement is significant. What is the IPL procedure like? Can you describe that?

Comment

Wow the improvement is significant. What is the IPL procedure like? Can you describe that?
                                Yes it is. But like I said it does always stay that clear. Sometimes it goes a bit redder. But ive never seen it this white before and my doc said after my fourth treatment I should notice that it should be white most of the time compared to occasionally.

The process itself is easy as, check google/youtube for IPL for Dry eyes, theres some videos on it.

They have a machine and do about 10 flashes around each eye with some lubricating gel applied. This takes about 10 mins. Then afterwards they check out your glands to ensure they are producing oils and are not blocked.

My doctor said the oil glands in the outside and inside sides of my eyelids were completely blocked. The IPL heats up all the oil and the doc forces it out to clear the blockage with the use of a ear bud.

After my second treatment he said my oil glands were 90% flowing and believes after my fourth treatment it should be 100% and the redness should gradually go away.

I'm still very optimistic about it but im giving it a go and its the best results ive seen from anything ive tried thus far.

IPL is exy though... $380 each treatment.. small price to pay in my eyes (pardon the pun)

Comment

Working...
                                X