Blepharitis help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blepharitis help!

I have suffered from severe blepharitis for 6 years, and was told that it was because of ocular rosacea. During this period of time I saw three different optometrists and two ophthalmologists who tried Azasite (moderate relief, too costly to continue, returned quickly after cessation), oral doxy (no help whatsoever), ristasis (mild relief), and erythromycin ointment (made it worse). Because my dx was rosacea, I researched triggers and avoided them for months. No caffeine, hot beverages, iced beverages, alcoholic beverages, or spicy foods. (No difference) Through this whole time, I religiously completed lid hygiene with baby shampoo and OTC lid wipes (Systane) and used OTC preservative free moisture drops. My career is in healthcare leadership, and I have to face people daily and look professional and well groomed. You wouldn't imagine the emotional distress these red, sick-looking eyes and lids caused me. It has been unimaginable torture.
    I have now sustained my longest and truest period of relief. Lasting five days now. Amazing. All because I, for the hundredth time, began searching the internet for something, anything! This time I left out ocular rosacea from my keywords and just concentrated on blephariris. I found one post that was intriguing, and another, and another...WET ONES ON MY EYELIDS? I was desperate. I tried it. 14 days ago. My lids are down to 10% of the swelling they had been for years, and the whites of my eyes are, well, WHITE.
    IT HAS BEEN WORKING! I can't tell you how thankful I am that LyndaT spread this word far and wide across the internet, otherwise I would have never tried it. And the other gal that it worked for, too.
    This is a terrible disease with what seemed to be no cure. I have spent thousands of dollars on different make up products, medications, doctor visits, hair colors that I hoped would attract others' eyes away from mine, and glasses to hide behind. This is a 20$ cure.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you LyndaT!!!!!!!!!
    Stephanie
    Colorado
Working...
X