This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hoping thyroid surgery will help my eyes

I have Graves disease which caused me severe dry eyes. I am hyperthyroid and scheduled to have a total thyroidectomy March 15th. The doctor said it helps 90% of graves patients so I sure hope that it will help me. I will not get my hopes too high though as they have also said may not help a bit. Has anyone else had relief from dry eye after thyroid surgery? Just wondering. wish me luck and say some prayers........I will be!

Hi Izzy-I'm not sure about the dry eyes, but I hope it will help you. My daughter had Graves Disease and had her thyroid removed as an adult. The surgery was a very easy one on her and the scar is very fine and they make it right in a natural crease in the neck.

My daughter did not have dry eye problems at the time, so I can't give you helpful info on that. We'll all cross our fngers that your surgery helps your eyes! Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

thanks Lucy, yes I was told it also may not help the dry eyes at all but still need it done but i sure help it hopes at least a bit. would love to go somewhere without glasses but if that doesn't happen i will live lol

Comment

Prayers from me too Izzy. You will be having your surgery a few days after I'll be at the surgeons office discussing mine. You will be in my thoughts as I hope it brings you some relief as well.
        Last edited by alisonW; 07-Mar-2010, 11:53. Reason: I had my dates wrong...

Comment

Working...
        X