This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me w/ test diagnosis

The results from my blood test showed 2.1 in the sjogren's anti ss A but the anti ss B was negative. My rheumatologist thinks i may not have it (the only symptom is dry eyes) and he thinks LabCorp isn't reliable. What is the high end for anti ss A? Any ideas/thoughts would be helpful!!!!

The upper limit of normal for the antibodies depends on the reference laboratory. SSA can be positive in Sjogren's and in other conditions such as Lupus. These tests should be interpreted in the context of the clinical situation. Sjogren's is still possible even w/ negative antibodies. I have Sjogren's and my antibodies were in the equivocal range, therefore I required a lip biopsy for definitive diagnosis. I also happen to be an internist... being a patient sure is harder than I gave it credit for!

Comment

Wasabininja,
      I too have Sjogrens and in that you are an internist what treatments help you?
      I have been suffering with this d/x for over three years and have yet to find much if any relief. I tried Plaquinel but got very weak and underweight as well as other side effects from it.
      I know my hormones cause the flares to come on and nothing seems to keep them from coming on. My doctors dont want me on Prednisone.
      My biggest complaints are terribly dry and burning eyes and even worse are my lips and skin around my nose.
      My head always feels thick and heavy esp. on my right side which is the side that is my worse eye. So, something is going on on that side b/c my hearing is effected too.
      If you have any advice I would share love to hear.
      Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by hopingforacure View Post
        The results from my blood test showed 2.1 in the sjogren's anti ss A but the anti ss B was negative. My rheumatologist thinks i may not have it (the only symptom is dry eyes) and he thinks LabCorp isn't reliable. What is the high end for anti ss A? Any ideas/thoughts would be helpful!!!!
        Hi!

As a suggestion, you might want to ask your doctor to repeat the sjogren's anti ss A and B test to see if the ss A test comes back positive again.

When I had initially been tested for sjogren's, the blood test came back negative and then a few years later I was retested and it came back positive. Since then, it has basically always been positive.

I hope my comments have been helpful.

Pam

Comment

Working...
        X