Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overactive Immunesystem?? Immunosuppresent drugs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overactive Immunesystem?? Immunosuppresent drugs?

Hello Friends,

So I was thinking as I sit at my boring security job about the whole autoimmune thing.

I saw very good Neuro - optimologist a few ago in NY city named Dr Kaziam and he truly believes after looking over, and I kid you not, 95 pages of tests results, that I have some unknown auto-immune issue. Ive had the tests for Srogrens, the blood work for it, the lip biopsy, a lacrimal gland biopsy, the lupus tests, thyroids tests, everything realted to auto-immune stuff. All of this, you guessed it, came out negative.

So my question is this my every so dry Amigos, if the immune system is overactive and attacking parts of my body, such as the lacrimal glands, resulting in DES, what do you think about an immunosuppressant drug to slow down the immune system? Now I don't mean steroid or non steroid Anti inflammatory drugs, I means a straight up immunosuppressant drug??

I was thinking maybe if i could get the immune system to slow down, that maybe my DES would let up.

Matt

Restasis is cyclosprin a very powerful immune suppressant. It is used as a anti rejection drug among other things. Steroid drops and pills are also immune suppressants, what have the Drs. Put you on after coming to this conclusion?

Comment

no im not talking about re stasis or steroids. I ve tried both, and neither did much at all. Im taking about a long term immunosuppresent drug. Ill be seeing an immunologist in the week or so.

Comment

Working...
      X