X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recurrent pink eye

Hi,

I have sicca syndrome, possible sjogren's. For the last two months, I have had recurrent pink eye. Every time I get a cold (and it's 3 times in the past 2 months -- I have a toddler) I get it at the tail end of my cold.

My optometrist has treated me with antibiotic drops that clear it up in only a few days. I am wondering why all of a sudden after a whole life of never having pink eye, I am getting it all the time.

At first, I thought it was restasis, but I haven't taken my restasis in 3 weeks (since my last bout of oink eye) so I guess it's the autoimmune component combined with severe dry eye. I also wear contacts but I throw away the cleaning component and get new contacts each time I am done with this. I wear glasses while I have it.

What can I do to prevent this bacterial pink eye?

Just wanted to add that my husband suggested the plugs (I have 4 ducts plugged) could also be contributing to this recurrent pink eye issue. He wondered if removing one set would help.

Any thoughts or recommendations on what I can do are greatly appreciated. Does anyone else have this issue?

Comment

This is a new one to me. It would be interesting to hear some opinions from really good eye docs.

Are you fully occluded or only partly occluded in the uppers?
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks for responding Rebecca.

I didn't know a person could be partly occluded in the uppers. I only know I have 4 punctal plugs. I will ask my optometrist when I see him today. I have been on the antibiotic drops since Friday and my right eye is worse today - very gunky and red. I don;t know what I did wrong that it won't go away and why do I keep getting them? I am really having a hard time with this. My right eye is so itchy I can't sleep right now.

I had a lot of burning over the weekend that seems to have morphed into severe itching. I really hope my optometrist can help. I wonder if using a neti pot could have influenced this?

Comment

Working...
        X