This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally..cataract.

Had beeing telling on this forum that i shall be having cataract done soon to my sjs,sjogrens,severe inflamed eyes.Now the day of appointment with cataract surgeon is nearing.it is scheduled on monday.The appointment will decide whether my eyes are ready for cataract now or not.

Well i was looking at different IOLs.I want to ask experts here, which lense would be best suited for my HIGH PHOTOPHOBIC eye?i know there are lots of other things to be evaluated for feasibility of every iols, but wanted to know which iol will give me comfort and less photophobic effect?if anyone has knowledge/experience about my question?Im running 30 now.Heard about some blue light(short wavelength) filtered iols.

Guys...wish me luck..The surgry would be done to my WORKING eye, other eye being aphakik and really poor on vision.Keeping my fingers crossed and hope for best results.
    Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

http://www.escrs.org/prague2012/prog...s.asp?id=12664

Conclusions:

Yellow tinted IOLs did not decrease the level of pseudophakic photophobia or sunglasses use in this study. The reduction of photophobia may not be a reason to implant yellow-tinted IOLs.

Comment

Hiren ~ Dearly hoping you get an informed reply on IOLs. (We have occasionally had good replies by emailing experts for suggestions.)

Are you suitable for PROSE afterwards? What do they think? http://www.bostonsight.org/
      Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

I would avoid multifocal lenses and stay with monofocal. The reason being the multifocal needs bright light to work best and obviously that would not be best for your daily activities.

Comment

i think i would agree to indrep.
          i had a check up at LV prasad institute before 2 years and i was told that cataract shal be done smoothly and i need not to worry much.He added i will need BSL after surgry. So, @littlemermaid we can have option of BSL.doctor told my near vision will be near to normal and he will try his best for far vision.

Im afraid because im myopic.Cataract complications are seen more in such cases as per the reports i saw on net.

thats nice info i got from indrep.

Comment

Hire-
            Keeping you in my prayers.Wishing for the best results for you.

Comment

Originally posted by hirentherock View Post
              Well i was looking at different IOLs.I want to ask experts here, which lense would be best suited for my HIGH PHOTOPHOBIC eye?i know there are lots of other things to be evaluated for feasibility of every iols, but wanted to know which iol will give me comfort and less photophobic effect?if anyone has knowledge/experience about my question?Im running 30 now.Heard about some blue light(short wavelength) filtered iols.
              There were articles in The Globe and Mail and The New York Times a couple of days ago talking about eyes. They might be of interest to you as they mention recent research on cataracts and IOLs.

See Aging eyes linked to heart disease, diabetes and cancer, The Globe and Mail, Wed Feb 22, 2012.

See Aging of eyes is blamed for range of health woes, The NY Times, Mon Feb 20, 2012 .

Good luck with your procedure.
              Last edited by spmcc; 24-Feb-2012, 17:30.

Comment

Hi there,

I would have to echo the thoughts already expressed here. Stay away from multifocal lenses. Work with a super experienced surgeon. Get your dry eyes in as good as shape as possible before the surgery. It might be worth on insisting that your post-op drops be preservative free.

Best of luck to you! Prayers for a speedy recovery

Comment

hm.so blue light filter does not make much sense. that would be the conclusion.

yes mostly i will prefer mono focal lenses.yet to discuss with doctor but i don't think i will be given many choices.
                  doctor would be more concerned about eradicating complications,vision clarity being secondary priority.lets see how it shapes out.

thanks for wishes and prayers.:-)

Comment

Working...
                  X