Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is alpha hydroxy acid safe to use on the face--does it harm mgd or cause it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is alpha hydroxy acid safe to use on the face--does it harm mgd or cause it?

after reading the latest blog about retin a being bad-i am a little scared as i have used it for about 7-8 years--years before i got dry eye but i was diagnosed with sjogrens about 8 years before i used retin a-so who knows if my mgd is just from sjogrens..

anyway. i have been searching online as to what else i could use for my skin besides retin a... would a glycolic acid be ok like alpha hydroxy acid??? i cant find anything about it related to mgd...thanks in advance to anybody who can help!
    Jenny

@jenny,

As long as its going on the outside and not into your stomach or mouth then retin a gel is fine and so is the glycolic or aha products etc... but avoid the eye area or anywhere sensitive as they make the skin peel and use sunscreen.

Comment

Funny you should bring this topic up because I have just wondered recently if I should stop using Alpha Hydroxy Acid lotion due to my eye situation. I mainly use it on my hands, but I am wondering if any of it could somehow be absorbed systemically--and if the AHA is too "harsh", that maybe it could exacerbate inflammation in the eye? Does anyone know if this is a realistic concern? I love my lotion, but do not want take a chance that it could further irritate my eyes.

P.S. I've always wondered where lotion "goes" after you put it on, so this is one reason why I'm concerned.

Comment

Working...
      X