This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annesse View Post
    What do you mean everything I say is not gospel?! LOL!
    I'm busted! lol

Originally posted by Annesse View Post
    Anyway, one of the first things is, you really don't need to make your own fermented foods. There are some good resources listed in the back of the book.
    Good point... I think I'll take a closer look at that... I was seriously considering ordering that pot to make my own sauerkraut haha Thanks for the reminder.

The thing about the book is that it's freaking amazing that you were able to fix your own lupus with this diet, but I don't want to get my hopes up in case it doesn't do the same for any of my own issues that I suspect could be autoimmune related. Hmmm... time will tell...

Comment

The thing about the book is that it's freaking amazing that you were able to fix your own lupus with this diet, but I don't want to get my hopes up in case it doesn't do the same for any of my own issues that I suspect could be autoimmune related. Hmmm... time will tell...[/QUOTE]

I think it is O.K. to get your hopes up a little, as long as it is based on a solid foundation. We have heard quite a bit of feedback from people that they would like more testimonies from other people who have tried the diet. We will definitely try and incorporate a section on this in future editions. We have seen some amazing recoveries from MS, CFS, Sjogrens, RA, cancer etc. My neighbor was diagnosed with MS and I sent her up a transcript of the book before it was out. She went on the diet the next day and in 6 months was completely symptom free. She stopped by recently and told me she has never felt better in her life.

Before I even wrote the book, a doctor's wife that had been diagnosed with breast cancer came over for some general diet advice and she brought a friend, a local nurse, that had recently found out at MD Anderson in Houston that her breast cancer had metastasized to her liver and her lungs. She had nine spots on her lungs and 3 on her liver. She was preparing to die. She was writing her memoirs and saying goodbye to her 3 year old little boy. She looked like a typical dying cancer patient-white as a ghost, wearing a bandana, and weighed about a hundred lbs. After a little while, she got "her" hopes up a little and asked, "Do you think, if I changed by diet and took herbs, it would help?" I said, " I know it would, but you would have to be perfect and you would have to start today." She said, " I would be. I would be perfect and I would start today."

To make a long story short, she went back to MD Anderson in 3 months for her checkup and her liver was clear and her lungs were clear. It has been 3 years now. She has built a new home and is back at work full time with no sign of the cancer. It just made sense to me that if this was the diet we were designed to eat, a diet that could reverse autoimmune disease, then we shouldn't then end up with something like cancer.

I should have checked first, but does anyone know if it is OK if I post a link to a cancer forum I made some posts on?
      Autoimmune patients are at an increased risk of developing certain types of cancer. Sjogrens patients have an approximately 40% increased risk of developing lymphoma for instance. I think we can clearly show why this is and what the connection is to these missing enzymes.

Thank you all so much your discussion of this. We will support you on your healing journey in any way we can.

Comment

Annesse-what autoimmune disease do you have? do you have dry eyes?

where are you supposed to get the fermented foods if you dont make them? everything i saw online was very $$$.. also do you have to be gluten free and avoid all sugar etc?? does this really Sjogrens/ and the eye dryness?? i understand diet helping with body aches and stuff but i am wanting something to help reverse the lacrimal gland dysfunction.....
        Jenny

Comment

what are the new connections to sjogrens and protease and DNase 1 you have made? thanks!!!
          Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
            Annesse-what autoimmune disease do you have? do you have dry eyes?

where are you supposed to get the fermented foods if you dont make them? everything i saw online was very $$$.. also do you have to be gluten free and avoid all sugar etc?? does this really Sjogrens/ and the eye dryness?? i understand diet helping with body aches and stuff but i am wanting something to help reverse the lacrimal gland dysfunction.....
            I was diagnosed with lupus, CFS and fibromyalgia. I was not diagnosed with Sjogrens, but had very dry eyes and mouth. All of these diseases are really just symptoms of one disease I believe, which is missing enzymes in the pancreas. I am symptom free now though. No, you do not have to be gluten free, but you would need to properly ferment the gluten, as was done before yeast was engineered to die. Studies do confirm that as long as a celiac patient eats gluten that has been properly fermented, there is no toxic reaction. Sugar is just not going to be a good choice if you have an autoimmune disease. We recommend raw organic honey. It is filled with beneficial enzymes and bacteria. I can post some information on the new connections we have made to these enzymes and Sjogrens. I am going to go read the rules of the board and see if I can post links.

Comment

So this diet cures AI diseases and cancer? Anything else?

Comment

Here is a link to a cancer forum I have been making some posts on that might help explain what is at the root of all of these diseases and why a diet based on restoring these missing enzymes would be effective.
                http://www.cancerforums.net/threads/...immune-Disease

Comment

Well, what the heck - I ordered the book Wild Fermentation by Sandor Katz off Amazon just now... and being the impatient girl that I am, I ordered the priority shipping so I'll have it by Friday I love to cook so even if this doesn't help my health, it'll be interesting to learn how to do this stuff. And if it DOES help my health, all the better.

I just can't get my hopes up... easier to keep my expectations low

(First heard of this book in Annnesse's book)

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post
                    Well, what the heck - I ordered the book Wild Fermentation by Sandor Katz off Amazon just now... and being the impatient girl that I am, I ordered the priority shipping so I'll have it by Friday I love to cook so even if this doesn't help my health, it'll be interesting to learn how to do this stuff. And if it DOES help my health, all the better.

I just can't get my hopes up... easier to keep my expectations low

(First heard of this book in Annnesse's book)
                    That is great! I made some sauerkraut today. I used some red cabbage from my garden. All I did was shred the cabbage and layer it with sea salt in a special glass jar. It just couldn't be easier.

Here is a study that found exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in Sjogren's patients. (and in RA patients) Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency is the inability to properly digest food due to a lack of digestive enzymes made by the pancreas. For exocrine pancreatic insufficiency to occur, pancreatic damage must be severe. "Ninety percent of the pancreas must be damaged in order for exocrine pancreatic insufficiency to set in," states, Frank Gress, MD, a professor of medicine and chief of the gastroenterology and hepatology division at the State University of New York. "There has to be a widespread pancreatic disease process that causes damage over time."

Pancreatic Duct Antibodies and Subclinical Insufficiency of the
                    Exocrine Pancreas in Sjögren’s Syndrome
                    D’Ambrosi, A., A. Verzola, P. Buldrini, C. Vavalle, S. Panareo, S. Gatto, R. La Corte, L.
                    Vicentini, A. Boccafogli, R. Scolozzi. 1998. Recenti Prog Med 89(10):504-9.
                    Abstract: In previous studies we reported evidence of subclinical exocrine pancreatic
                    insufficiency in primary or secondary Sjögren’s syndrome (SSI, SSII) and rheumatoid
                    arthritis (RA). In present study we evaluated the occurrence of pancreatic duct
                    antibodies (PDA), and their relationship to exocrine pancreatic function in 36 women.
                    Of these patients, 12 were classified as SSI, 12 as SSII, and 12 as RA. Exocrine pancreatic
                    function was evaluated using the Secretin-Caerulein test (S.Cae test). The indirect
                    immunofluorescent technique was used to evaluate patient sera for PDA. S.Cae test
                    results, compared to controls, showed a statistically significant decrease in duodenal
                    juice volumes, bicarbonates and enzymes in 58.3% of SSI and in 30%
                    of RA, according to our previous trials. PDA were found in two patients, the former
                    with SSI and the latter with SSII, both asymptomatic with regard to pancreatic diseases
                    but with impaired exocrine pancreatic function as evaluated by S.Cae test. We discuss
                    the possible causes of these results.

Comment

We have also made some new connections to Sjogrens and protease and DNase1.

Hi Annesse so happy that you are here to answer questions and clarify things. So do tell what are the new findings? You do refer to protease and DNase1 in the book in reference to other autoimmune conditions Do we just extrapolate the same information to Sjogren's?...F/G

Comment

Gee I didn't go back and read your latest post. So what causes the pancreatic damage? It would have to be noticeable to be that severe would it not. My husband has had acute pancreatitis from a blocked bile duct. Should he be taking pancreatic enzymes in your opinion? I could see that damaging the pancreas but what about me. I have been quite robust all my life hardly ever missed a days work when I was working....F/G

Comment

Hi farmgirl~No, the term subclinical means no symptoms. So, you would not really notice anything. The pancreas needs these enzymes (protease and DNase1) in order to function. For instance, insulin is made in the pancreas from amino acids that come from the break down of dietary proteins.. Without protease, you would not be able to release amino acids. One reason, of course, why diabetes is so closely associated with the other autoimmune diseases.

The enzymes that are lacking in autoimmune disease are protease and DNase1. DNase1 does not exist in supplement form.The German researchers that discovered the lack of DNase1 in lupus patients are trying to engineer a fake DNase1 that is safe. These enzymes are found in certain foods, so there is no reason to wait though. And of course they are perfectly safe.

Enzymes are themselves proteins. Taking isolated bundles of proteins into your body when you are already unable to digest proteins, due to a lack of protease and DNase1 would just make things worse.

Comment

annesse... you say this diet cured you of dry eyes and mouth... how long did it take? i read the book but didnt see a step by step diet plan.. do you have to eat fermented foods with every meal???thanks
                            Jenny

Comment

Hi Annesse: Do you have a link to that research by Frank Gress because I am finding it hard to believe that 90% of an essential to life organ could be destroyed and one could still feel robust. I am not diabetic (yet) and yet it would seem to be that if the pancreas was so far gone there would be some 'failure to thrive' setting in. I would really like to get that from the horses mouth, so to speak...F/G

OK I found the little blurb on the internet but I still find that someone who has NO digestive upsets on a regular basis, no bloating, no gas, no nausea, no diarrhea, no constipation, nothing would only have 10% of a pancreas left, just doesn't add up to me...F/G
                              Last edited by farmgirl; 30-Aug-2012, 12:03. Reason: add something

Comment

Hi Jenny~It was a gradual process, as I wrote in the book I made my first connection to these missing enzymes 10 years after being diagnosed with lupus, CFS and fibro. It was 2 years later that I made my second connection. And then more years of putting additional pieces together. The more of these healing foods you eat, the better off you will be. As the research shows, nearly 60% of the Sjogren's patients that were tested had severe pancreatic damage. Of course, they are critical if you eat a protein, as you most likely are unable to digest proteins. The inability to digest proteins is what leads to the partial activation of the immune system in autoimmune disease. The immune system targets these proteins and DNA fragments because they are not properly digested and are foreign to your immune system. Here is a picture of these protein fragments and DNA in a lupus patients bloodstream. The immune system forms NETS around these proteins and these NETS become lodged in organs and tissues. The same thing is happening in Sjogrens and RA. I will post some info on this in the next post. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0503161423.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X