Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Causes for Autoimmune Disorders

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Possible Causes for Autoimmune Disorders

    I do believe I have discovered the Underlying Cause for Auto Immune disorders and Conditions Known as Sjogrens Syndrome.

    Due to the Fact that Most Sjogren's Syndrome Patients Have underlying Thyroid Condition that is caused by an autoimmune Disease as seen In Graves Disease; the cause of Tear Deficient Dry Eye. I discovered that the 2nd main Causes of thyroid Conditions and Auto Immune disorders are;

    Routine Vaccinations- People's bodies are building up antibodies that are harming their tissues rather than the diseases that are being vaccinated for.

    Nuclear Energy industry or Radiation- Causes Cancer of the Thyroid, which causes tear deficient Dry Eye. The Radio Active Isotopes are absorbed by the Thyroid From past Weapons Testing, Nuclear Reactor Leaks or too many X-Rays. This is probably the underlying cause of 90% of the thyroid cancer today, and thyroid problems.

    These I believe are the Underlying Factors that Cause auto Immune Disorders and Thyroid Problems. Thus leading to Dry Eye or Autoimmune disorders as seen in Sjogren's Syndrome. Might want to have everyone check themselves to see if they Either have thyroid issues, or have had vaccinations or been exposed to too much radiation.

    I think we have found the missing link or cause.

    More study's should be done to find a pattern on these theories.

    For more information, Remember the Thyroid is responsible for Regulating Hormones in the body such as Androgens or Estrogens.

    That is Testosterone or Estrogen, these two Hormones alone are responsible for Gland Secretion.

    Testosterone is the hormone that is metabolized by the Sebaceous glands of the Skin to produce oil, it may also be the main hormone responsible for Secreting of meibomian gland secretions as seen in Oil Defficient Dry Eye.

    Estrogen's or Testosterone might also be responsible for the Lacrimal glands Which metabolize the hormones to secrete Tears as seen in Tear deficient Dry eye.

    Whats interesting is the reported cases of Women who going through menopause, who's hormone levels drop off and when they feel symptoms of tear deficient Dry eye, Hormonal therapy cures their dry eye.

    I believe The Thyroid, and the non Regulation of hormones in the body Plays a Major Role in Dry Eye, due to the fact that the glands that regulate the lubrication of the eyes or skin are regulated by the hormone levels in the body.

    Also I believe that the malfunction of the Thyroid which is responsible for regulating hormone levels,
    is being compromised by environmental factors such as in autoimmune or cancer, IE. Vaccinations, or Radiation.

    Vaccinations=Autoimmune disorders
    Radiation=Cancer and Damaged thyroids
    Damaged Thyroids=Messed up hormone Levels in the Body
    Messed up hormone levels=Tear or oil Deficient Dry Eye.

    Many people who have dry eye complain of other skin ailments that are caused by seborrheic dermatitis, which is caused by bacteria, yeast and fungi. All of which are caused by dry skin because they are the microbes food source, which dry skin is caused by the malfunction of the Sebaceous glands, and the production of oil that lubricates dry skin. Of which sebaceous gland secretion is regulated by hormones which are regulated by the thyroid. It all goes back to the thyroid and its problems or other problems that a person may experience related to the entire endocrine system. Which of many of its hormones are responsible for immune response. Thus why in auto immune disorders the immune system has gone out of control, because of problems in these areas. That are probably being caused by the factors listed above.

    presented here are very interesting theories that Definitely Need to Be considered.

    Sincerely, Meibomianglandman

  • #2
    In my opinion, "auto-immune" diseases are most likely caused by anti-biotic usage.

    Looking on the bright side however, proteolytic enzymes seem to successfully treat people with auto-immune diseases.

    People who are treated with either bromelain, papin, serrapeptase and nattokinase seem to no longer suffer from their auto-immune conditions.
    http://doctormurray.com/tag/proteolytic-enzymes/

    Have you looked into treatment with these enzymes?

    Logan x

    Comment


    • #3
      Logan, this is a hurtful post. Do you suffer an autoimmune disorder? Doctormurray.com looks like a dangerous quack exploiting the vulnerable to me.

      My father and his brother were tested deficient in a protease inhibitor for trypsin. One died of cirrhosis of the liver, the other of emphysema of the lungs. Both had other inflammation sites eg my father started rheumatoid arthritis in his late 50s. Foods containing these enzymes made his RA worse, particularly hands.

      We must not assume proteolytic enzyme supplements are 'safe'.

      My sister-in-law has severe multiple sclerosis (MS). She did not take antibiotics.

      However, my daughter has chronic intracranial hypertension secondary to oral tetracycline 6wk followed by oral macrolide 8wk. This is a metabolic disorder rather than autoimmune.

      But she also has 'rosacea' with eye inflammation probably secondary to topical steroid hydrocortisone. This is a type of immune disorder.

      I have an enquiring mind. What are you basing your opinion on? Give me the science.

      Start with respect and empathy for the patient's suffering.
      Last edited by littlemermaid; 19-Jan-2014, 03:09.
      Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

      Comment


      • #4
        Logan, I have 3 possibly 4 autoimmune conditions. They developed about 14 years after I'd used my first and only short course of antibiotics until Doxy last year. It is quite a big assumption to make. I would need a lot more convincing evidence that they actually cure the conditions before I experimented.

        I'm always happy to see when something works for someone snd i see you are doing well on natural supplements but some people are helped by Doxy, plaquenil fot Sjogren's and many other pharmaceuticals. Are you anti conventional medication Iif you don't mind me asking? Not saying your advice might be helpful to some but these conditions can be hard to live with and often conventional medication is needed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by lizlou29 View Post
          Logan, I have 3 possibly 4 autoimmune conditions. They developed about 14 years after I'd used my first and only short course of antibiotics until Doxy last year. It is quite a big assumption to make. I would need a lot more convincing evidence that they actually cure the conditions before I experimented.

          I'm always happy to see when something works for someone snd i see you are doing well on natural supplements but some people are helped by Doxy, plaquenil fot Sjogren's and many other pharmaceuticals. Are you anti conventional medication Iif you don't mind me asking? Not saying your advice might be helpful to some but these conditions can be hard to live with and often conventional medication is needed.
          Hi Lizlou,

          I do agree that there are instances when conventional medications are needed however, I think in our current era, most people are overmedicated with anti-biotics and this is what is actually causing these so-called "auto-immune" diseases. It is possible that you may have 3 or 4 possible auto-immune diseases, however, I am not certain if that is convincing to an outside observer when there is a plethora of information by Doctors, Researchers and Scientists who are saying the opposite: that anti-biotic usage causes more illnesses than they cure.

          I posted some articles related to anti-biotic usage in my response to littlemermaid above if you would like to take a look and have more feedback.


          Logan x

          Comment


          • #6
            I think you need to be respectful littlemermaid of people who differ with your opinion. I find it interesting how you attack posters who don't agree with your blind faith in anti-biotics and pharma drug usage and make all sorts of untrue statements about vitamin supplements without any evidence.

            You have the audacity to call Dr. Murray a quack, yet you blindly believe your own doctor who tells you to medicate your daughter with all sorts of toxic drugs in which YOU KNOW she will eventually develop cataracts, blindness, and possibly hearing loss, loss of sense of smell and taste along with liver damage from all the drugs you are giving her everyday. So please take a step back and assess your own beliefs and why you are letting someone dictate what the treatment course for your daughter should be when she is not getting better.

            I am here to share knowledge and to help people, not to convince them to take toxic drugs like Azithromycin and to use Steroid drops for their symptoms which only makes their eyes worse with more complications in the long run.

            And overwhelming medical evidence and anecdotal studies say proteolytic enzymes bromelain, nattokinase, papain, serrapeptase HELP people with their autoimmune disorders.

            Please take a look at the following articles, written in layman's terms regarding anti-biotic usage:
            Confused If you're not happy with anyone's posts, or they are insensitive, or advertising, or you are being attacked, we use the Triangle button bottom left on their post to report for Moderation http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...for-all-users).

            I have shared that my father and uncle died of alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency due to being unable to control protease (tested by University of Birmingham, UK). And what foods made my father's early-onset arthritis worse. Doctormurray.com warns people to check for immunologic contraindications for taking proteolytic enzymes and that they are not safe for everyone. Doesn't your research link say that proteases are inflammatory for some people if insufficiently regulated? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22076323 Looks like there are genetic markers to predict enzyme activity http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/002354.htm. What's the problem?

            Geneticists work out what might help/harm people and trigger autoimmune disorders, whether inherited, transmitted or environmental http://www.nutrition.gov/

            And that my child has 2 iatrogenic conditions caused by steroids and antibiotics. She is currently healing well on diet and we use oil and vitamin and mineral supplements, as I said. She's not using any meds because she is a responder.

            No one has ever accused me of having blind faith in drugs or doctors before. If they ever read this, they will find that very funny.

            I wouldn't leave an infection untreated though, especially parasites to which there is an inflammatory response. As I said, we use tea tree oil products carefully but that is very toxic. There's no 'natural' when biochemicals are concentrated, whether organic or inorganic.

            I posted that we are working on gut microbiota and immunology and interested in any help on nutrition http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...ght=#post88399. She is wheat and sugar intolerant. I need Refs to talk to Gastro researchers.

            Big Pharma market Nutraceuticals and Cosmeceuticals very aggressively now at inflated prices so any help understanding them is most welcome. I am very, very interested in healing and prevention through nutrition and we have good results. We have interested children's docs helping us too. I particularly want to learn more about lipid metabolism.

            all sorts of untrue statements about vitamin supplements without any evidence.
            Err... where's this?

            Doctors advertising services and marketing products looks deeply embarrassing and very dodgy to a Brit - we don't have that over here much (yet).

            Didn't you use steroids to resolve contact-lens episcleritis?

            'Primum non nocere' means 'first do no harm'. This post by Musetta has helped me very much. She was guided by a naturopath http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...is-SD-Rosacea)
            Last edited by littlemermaid; 19-Jan-2014, 14:44.
            Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

            Comment


            • #7
              Logan

              I don't think anyone here wants to attack people's beliefs. I will read what you have written and i'm glad that things have worked for you. I wouldn't dare tell you that what you are doing/taking is dangerous because I don’t know enough them.

              Steroid drops have there dangers, we know this but when you have out of control inflammation you can't just leave it so most of who use steroids do so short term whilst looking to treatments - pharmaceuticals, nutrition, lid hygiene etc to help mid - long term.

              As I said I never over used antibiotics before my autoimmune conditions came to light. Used them once for 4/5 days. Not saying it isn't a cause for some, I don't know.

              Littlemermaid's daughter has improved through non drug treatments as well and she really doesn't have a blind faith in all doctors, I doubt very few of us on this forum do.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Logandly View Post
                I think in our current era, most people are overmedicated with anti-biotics and this is what is actually causing these so-called "auto-immune" diseases.
                We need to keep in mind the limits of science and research.

                Here are some papers that present evidence that rheumatoid arthritis and several other idiopathic/autoimmune diseases are CAUSED by bacterial infections:

                http://news.sciencemag.org/biology/2...toid-arthritis
                http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0912203327.htm
                http://ard.bmj.com/content/52/Suppl_1/S30.full.pdf

                Everyone should take other people's opinions with a large grain of salt. Anyone who tries to treat or cure someone over the internet is suspect. There are plenty of quacks out there.
                Last edited by spmcc; 19-Jan-2014, 15:13. Reason: added more links... could have gone on forever!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by spmcc View Post
                  We need to keep in mind the limits of science and research.

                  Here are some papers that present evidence that rheumatoid arthritis and several other idiopathic/autoimmune diseases are CAUSED by bacterial infections:

                  http://news.sciencemag.org/biology/2...toid-arthritis
                  http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0912203327.htm
                  http://ard.bmj.com/content/52/Suppl_1/S30.full.pdf

                  Everyone should take other people's opinions with a large grain of salt. Anyone who tries to treat or cure someone over the internet is suspect. There are plenty of quacks out there.
                  Actually in those articles you cite, it says there is a LINK between the two but that "Taken together, our results suggest that bacterial PAD may constitute the mechanistic link between P. gingivalis periodontal infection and rheumatoid arthritis, but this ground-breaking conclusion will need to be verified with further research," he said.

                  So there is NO CAUSATION. Again, with articles, one should read the fine print. The authors are only suppositing a THEORY.

                  Sharing stories and knowledge is not a crime and thank goodness we have the internet and free flowing of information. Knowledge is power Mr. Spmcc.

                  Logan x

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by littlemermaid View Post
                    Confused If you're not happy with anyone's posts, or they are insensitive, or advertising, or you are being attacked, we use the Triangle button bottom left on their post to report for Moderation http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...for-all-users).

                    I have shared that my father and uncle died of alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency due to being unable to control protease (tested by University of Birmingham, UK). And what foods made my father's early-onset arthritis worse. Doctormurray.com warns people to check for immunologic contraindications for taking proteolytic enzymes and that they are not safe for everyone. Doesn't your research link say that proteases are inflammatory for some people if insufficiently regulated? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22076323 Looks like there are genetic markers to predict enzyme activity http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/002354.htm. What's the problem?

                    Geneticists work out what might help/harm people and trigger autoimmune disorders, whether inherited, transmitted or environmental http://www.nutrition.gov/

                    And that my child has 2 iatrogenic conditions caused by steroids and antibiotics. She is currently healing well on diet and we use oil and vitamin and mineral supplements, as I said. She's not using any meds because she is a responder.

                    No one has ever accused me of having blind faith in drugs or doctors before. If they ever read this, they will find that very funny.

                    I wouldn't leave an infection untreated though, especially parasites to which there is an inflammatory response. As I said, we use tea tree oil products carefully but that is very toxic. There's no 'natural' when biochemicals are concentrated, whether organic or inorganic.

                    I posted that we are working on gut microbiota and immunology and interested in any help on nutrition http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...ght=#post88399. She is wheat and sugar intolerant. I need Refs to talk to Gastro researchers.

                    Big Pharma market Nutraceuticals and Cosmeceuticals very aggressively now at inflated prices so any help understanding them is most welcome. I am very, very interested in healing and prevention through nutrition and we have good results. We have interested children's docs helping us too. I particularly want to learn more about lipid metabolism.

                    Err... where's this?

                    Doctors advertising services and marketing products looks deeply embarrassing and very dodgy to a Brit - we don't have that over here much (yet).

                    Didn't you use steroids to resolve contact-lens episcleritis?

                    'Primum non nocere' means 'first do no harm'. This post by Musetta has helped me very much. She was guided by a naturopath http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...is-SD-Rosacea)

                    I understand littlemermaid. You must be quite stressed with the medical histories of your family members and on top of that, your daughter having this correlated problem as well at such a young age. Doctors offering advertising services and marketing products may appear dodgy but they could also know some underlying dark truths about the pharmaceutical industries but they are obligated to obey the law, FDA regulations etc, however they are still trying to help and spread understanding of certain common diseases that traditional medical practices do not treat by catering to the population who have not seen results with pharmaceuticals.

                    It must also be quite frustrating to go from one doctor to another, as doctors often have different opinions about treatment and diagnoses. But I do think that a young child shouldn't be given such a large dose of toxic anti-biotics at a young age as that has further implications possibly years from now, but I'm very glad that she is recovering. I have a cousin who is 17 and she has had psoriasis since she was 7 and has been treated with steroids for most of her life and it is very sad to see her because she has to use steroid creams all over her arms, legs and face every day which has really ruined her skin. Her parents think she had some sort of metal poisoning in her baby formula or else it could've been she was exposed to parasites as she loved sushi (it was one of her favorites but young kids should never eat anything raw, especially fish) but still people don't know the cause and her condition is getting progressively worse as the steroids only help temporarily and ends up aggravating her condition, and she's already done many courses of anti-biotics to no avail.

                    As for me, my eye condition got better when I stopped all the steroid eye drops, and I'm fairly certain that my eye condition would've healed faster without them as steroids created more problems with sensitivity and a rebound effect of inflamed blood vessels in my eyes. Thankfully I had a good opthalmologist who was wiling to listen to me and was willing to try different prescriptions such as the Solcoseryl gel. So much about doctors depends upon knowing the patients and understanding their complete history, as they only make a diagnosis based on less than 5 minutes of information and in the end, patients have to be self-informed about their own conditions because they know themselves best.

                    I also thought you might be interested in reading the following:

                    http://www.newswithviews.com/Howenstine/james174.htm

                    Logan x

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Logandly
                      I find it interesting how you attack posters who don't agree with your blind faith in anti-biotics and pharma drug usage and make all sorts of untrue statements about vitamin supplements without any evidence.
                      Whoa there! Personally, I find LittleMermaid's posts to be very informative, and I love the way she is careful with her words not to overstate the case. Blind faith? That's a bit much... she's doing what needs to be done for her daughter and shouldn't be belittled for it.

                      Originally posted by Logandly
                      you blindly believe your own doctor who tells you to medicate your daughter with all sorts of toxic drugs in which YOU KNOW she will eventually develop cataracts, blindness, and possibly hearing loss, loss of sense of smell and taste along with liver damage from all the drugs you are giving her everyday. So please take a step back and assess your own beliefs and why you are letting someone dictate what the treatment course for your daughter should be when she is not getting better.
                      Wow, that's harsh. Shame on you.

                      People come here feeling vulnerable, desperate for solutions, and you say that? What decent parent wouldn't fear the possible consequences of medication use for their child... what decent parent wouldn't lie awake at night worrying about the future consequences to their child?

                      Do you have any idea how bad off LittleMermaid's child was? You are relatively new to this forum - do NOT underestimate what they've gone through. They did not take lightly the decisions that HAD to make for treating their child. Don't you dare judge them for what they NEEDED to do. You're being horrid.

                      Originally posted by Logandly
                      Antibiotics are also a major contributing cause of asthma. Children who received broad-spectrum antibiotics were about 9 times more likely to suffer from asthma (6). A recent research paper confirmed dysbiosis as a main cause of asthma (7)"
                      Anyone can do a study and publish the results - but that doesn't mean the study results can be replicated, or even apply to the population as a whole. That also doesn't mean that the study authors drew the correct conclusions from their attempt at conducting "research."

                      Originally posted by Logandly View Post
                      there is a plethora of information by Doctors, Researchers and Scientists who are saying the opposite: that anti-biotic usage causes more illnesses than they cure.
                      I couldn't disagree more. This reminds me of people who claim vaccines aren't needed... they have forgotten the suffering that existed before they came along. I'm not suggesting that vaccines, or antibiotics for that matter, are perfect. They can cause adverse effects sometimes - but they do more good than harm, if used appropriately.

                      Originally posted by Logandly View Post
                      But I do think that a young child shouldn't be given such a large dose of toxic anti-biotics at a young age as that has further implications possibly years from now
                      And there you go again... TOXIC antibiotics? Getting a little judge-y about LittleMermaid's treatment choices don't ya think? Support. THAT is what this forum is for. Not for telling people how horribly you think they've allowed their kid to be treated. Keep that to yourself. It serves no purpose here.
                      Last edited by SAAG; 19-Jan-2014, 21:43.
                      Yet another post-Lasik (2005)...
                      Anyone have a time machine so I can go back and undo this mess?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SAAG View Post

                        Do you have any idea how bad off LittleMermaid's child was? You are relatively new to this forum - do NOT underestimate what they've gone through. They did not take lightly the decisions that HAD to make for treating their child. Don't you dare judge them for what they NEEDED to do. You're being horrid.

                        And there you go again... TOXIC antibiotics? Getting a little judge-y about LittleMermaid's treatment choices don't ya think? Support. THAT is what this forum is for. Not for telling people how horribly you think they've allowed their kid to be treated. Keep that to yourself. It serves no purpose here.
                        I agree with you SAAG that support is necessary, especially when people are going through diseases and attempting to understand the root causes of their conditions in which there is much contradictory information.

                        However, I am not being judgmental about toxic anti-biotics. It's an uncomfortable truth that most people turn a blind eye towards. I understand as parents you want the best for your child and obviously you and LittleMermaid have suffered greatly in your personal life in regards to family members, but I think what I wrote needed to be said and that is not in any form an intention of disrespect to LittleMermaid at all.

                        Saying that auto-immune disease and citing evidence that there is a strong possibility that it is derivative of anti-biotic use was not meant to be hurtful.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Logandly
                          Article 3: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23834758
                          "BACKGROUND:
                          The intestinal microbiota has been proposed to play a pathogenic role in coeliac disease (CD). Although antibiotics are common environmental factors with a profound impact on intestinal microbiota, data on antibiotic use as a risk factor for subsequent CD development are scarce."
                          You need to take your own advice and read the fine print.

                          The only peer-reviewed article you cited above (Article 3) concludes with:
                          non-causal explanations for this positive association cannot be excluded.
                          Isn't it interesting how you left that bit of info out of your post?

                          And BTW your stance that antibiotics cause autoimmune diseases is just THEORY too.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by spmcc View Post
                            You need to take your own advice and read the fine print.
                            If you read the rest of the study you will see what the researchers noted in the conclusion. That study was conducted because at that time information was scarce and they did an investigative study.

                            The only peer-reviewed article you cited above (Article 3) concludes with:

                            Isn't it interesting how you left that bit of info out of your post?

                            And BTW your stance that antibiotics cause autoimmune diseases is just THEORY too.
                            This thread is about the possible causes of autoimmune disease and yes I supposited a THEORY. I don't pretend to be God and know everything. And all my sources, unlike the popular science articles you cited made for mass media, had multiple medical resources behind them.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I find it interesting how you attack posters who don't agree with your blind faith in anti-biotics and pharma drug usage and make all sorts of untrue statements about vitamin supplements without any evidence.
                              Logandly, could you put the links up you're not happy with for the Moderator?

                              I clicked the James Howenstine MD link but just got an advert for his products.
                              Last edited by littlemermaid; 20-Jan-2014, 04:04.
                              Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X