This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diagnosed with Sicca but not sjorgens

So if I do a search for Sicca i only find sicca as it relates to dry eyes. But the rheumotologist diagnosed me today and said that what I have is a different variation of sjorgens. I have dry eyes, mouth and dry feminine area. But no other symtoms. The last one is sometimes normal but not usually, not sure why. The others stay the same. the mouth is nothing like the painful eyes. I am not sure how he diagnosed me. He said I was prone to stuff, I also have arthrtis in my jaw and tmj's. Anyway, I never had dry eyes or dry anything before June. I am so uset because now I feel I have NO shot at my eyes recovering. I always read dry eyes was permanent but hoped I would be one of the few to get better completely since I already deal with tmjd 6 yrs and counting and more recently, chronic nausea that no one can figure out. I am so upset today. I am not sure how he came to this diagnosis. The inner ear doc had sent some of my blood work he ordered and I thought most was pretty normal. HIgh white cell count is all i remember. The doc was on the fence about doing lip biopsy and I was not anxous to do it either. He said it would maybe put me more in the sjorgens category. Tomorrow I will call and ask exactly how he came to this conclusion. Now I feel my glands are damaged and I wont get better. Been on Restasis 3 months. no improvement.

I'm sorry vicki. I know this is all confusing and disappointing. I'll pray for you that you can find a way of coping better with this. Some day things will be better. This is a tough time when you are first learning to deal with what could be chronic dry eye.

D
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Working...
    X