Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure, Billye. I am having a lot of systemic problems besides the dry eyes and mouth. These are beginning to really get me down, literally. I know you have this "other stuff" too.

My meds are: methotrexate, prednisone, folic acid, and carnitine (just started.) Two of these - folic acid and carnitine are supplements even though I have them by prescription. I hope to be able to stop the prednisone soon, but need the consensus of the docs. The methotrexate has been the main part of my systemic regimen. I started feeling better by the second dosage. This is NOT THE SICCA STUFF. My eyes and mouth/lips/throat are still like the desert. Oh, I'm trying to work Salagen into something that will be usable, jury still out on that one.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Appreciation

Thanks Lucy,
      Unfortunately nothing new there for me. They took me off the prednisone due to my bones and peripheral neuropathy. The neuropathy acts negatively to the PN in my system for some reason. It actually helps in most people for the PN. Makes me tremble like a little old lady. (I'm old but not THAT old)

And folic acid is required for everyone taking methotrexate. The carnitine is specific to your case I know.

Thanks anyway,
      Billye

Comment

Working...
      X