This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Scout, Liz--

My endocrinologist suggested a really easy way to take thyroid meds---it works well for me. She asked me if I woke up during the night, and of course I said yes---the dry eyes always wake me up. She said, "Take your thyroid pill when you get up in the middle of the night."

Calli

Comment

Diagonosed hypothyriod!

Hi all, i was recently diagnosed hypthyroid (severe) and have been put on synthroid! Its a miracle! My dryness has vanished overnight!!! I still need to some follow up tests T3 and T4 and want to rule out sorjens autoantibodies. I never new I was hypthyroidic until my dry eye. I wonder if I should stop taking restasis....I will let you know if I can wean myself of this. Please everybody get a blood test and determine this if you havent aldready! I suffered for a year with dry eye because my dr never took a blood test!! I am the one who forced him to do so! and lo and behold im hypthyroidic and it seems to be the cause of my symptoms! The optometrist and my regular Dr were just not seeing the bigger picture! this was so frustrating, Im glad i found a solution!

Comment

Thanks, Calli66! I will do that. That way, when I really wake up, I can go straight to the coffee as usual. (It is the one thing that I went back to after my erosions reduced in frequency.)

Kevin, that is such good news. Keep us posted on your progress!

--Liz

Comment

I have hypo.

Hi Calli,
          My doctor told me to take the pill in the morning,when I just get up. I take 75mg now and he hormon level in my blood is getting somehow normal.

Hi Kevin,
          Congratulations! I got a question. What do you mean by "severe". I got severe dry eyes 5 years ago and after 2 years I was diagnosed hypo. I was taking 25 in the beginning and after 2 months, I took 50mg. After 6 months, the level is ok and since last year Ive been taking 75mg.
          I got no "big" eyes and my eye problem is just dryness, very severe dryness. And the condition is not getting better since I took L-thyroxin.

Comment

thanks guys....i feel great, its amazing no more tranquil eyes, i HAVENT USED A SINGLE EYE DROP (INCLUDING RESTASIS) IN THREE DAYS!!! I am so thankful to God thats all i have to say. Atta, by severe i mean i was 20 times the normal dose of TSH in my bloodstream. thats a lot. I will be getting follow ups soon and may increase my dose. Did you get tested for autoantibodies....I hope youre condition gets better.

Comment

Hi, Kevin.

Glad to hear the good news. The thought of hanging up the Tranquileyes is scary to me, but it makes me hopeful that you have been able to do it. May I ask how long you have been on thyroid medication? I've been on it for less than a week, and I am on a very, very small dose. So, I do not think that I am noticing much of a difference. My eyes felt really badly today. I am going to ask if there were tests done for antibodies, and it seems that my doctor is hung up on TSH, which, I am learning, may fall within the normal range even for a person with a thyroid disorder / disease.

Thanks for posting your experiences. If there is anything that you can think of that I should take to my doctor, let me know!

--Liz

Comment

Hi Kevin

Hi Kevin,
                The normal value should be 0,35 to 4,5 pmol/L. I got the 5,94 and a year ago 7,67. I take 75mg now and 6 months ago I got 3,91.
                20 times more sounds terrible but you are lucky, because you've found the cause for your dry eyes.
                I'm a little bit jealous.
                I got some pain on my knees recently, I feel it all the time. Do you also have other rheumatic symptoms?

Comment

Hi liz, I have only been on the medication for two weeks, and have noticed vast difference, still some dryness in the morning (upon wakening) but nothing like what it used to be. Most doctors depend on TSH...mine is the same...i am going ot force her to do t3 and t4 fuction tests as well as thyriod autoantibodies test for peace of mind....

Comment

Yes atta i am lucky and I wish you guys the best in your quest. The pain in the knees should be checked.. PLeae check for ANA, RF factor and other blood work to make sure it is NOT SROJENS or LUPUS.

Originally posted by atta View Post
                    Hi Kevin,
                    The normal value should be 0,35 to 4,5 pmol/L. I got the 5,94 and a year ago 7,67. I take 75mg now and 6 months ago I got 3,91.
                    20 times more sounds terrible but you are lucky, because you've found the cause for your dry eyes.
                    I'm a little bit jealous.
                    I got some pain on my knees recently, I feel it all the time. Do you also have other rheumatic symptoms?

Comment

Hi Kevin

Hi Kevin,
                      Thank you so much for your information. And I really hope you come here often to give us some good news or some information, even you dont have dry eyes anymore.
                      There are very very little people reporting that they are cured from dry eyes. You are a treasure

Comment

Working...
                      X