X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diagnosis of auto-immune disease

Hello everybody,

My name is Bart and I've been a dry eye sufferer for approx. 5 years now. It started out with contact lens intolerance, but unfortunately my right eye never fully recovered. I also have a dust mite allery.

Some 3 years ago I've been tested negative for Sjogrens syndrome. In the meantime I've been experiencing many other health problems besides my dry eyes. Having a dry skin, stiff neck and shoulders, slight
    carpal tunnel syndrome.

Since about 2 month I also have a noticably dry throat, especially when I wake up, which makes it difficult for me to swallow during the whole day. My lips are not dry by the way. It started out with a lower right jaw infection, which turned into pain in my right ear. The pain in my right ear subsided a bit, but I can still feel the pain in my ear (and throat) every time I swallow or jawn. On op of that I had serious middle back pain for about a week.

I've been wondering for a long time what auto-immune disease, besides my dust mite allery, is the cause of my dry eyes and other health problems. A couple of years ago I tested negative on Sjogrens Syndrome, including a lip biopsy. Is it still possible I have Sjogrens? Or could RA of thyriod disease be the cause of my recent swallowing and ear problems? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance,

Best regards,
    Bart

A number of them..

Bart,
    I'm a rheumatoid arthritis, Sjogren's sufferer. There are a number of autoimmune diseases that could cause the problems you have. Have you had a panel of bloodwork done for autoimmune factors? Like RA, autoimmune thyroid, etc. Sjogren's sometimes takes 7 years or more to show up in testing.

Billye

Comment

Hi Bart

Hi,
      I'm in the same situation. I suffer from dry eyes,dry nose, dry ears for about 4 or 5 years. (Eyes bother me the most.) I got sjorgen test for 2 times(without biopsy) and negative. I'm wondering the whole time what I might have. Recently, I feel a little uncomfort with my knees and I called my doctor to give me a sjorgen test with biopsy.He told me it took long (my appointment will be in June) because they got too many patients. And he added : THERE IS NO CURE FOR THIS DIEASe, SO IT DOESNT HELP TO GET A DIAGNOSE ACTUALLY.Our condition has absolutely something to do the autoimmun problem,but its hard to know what kind of.
      Im watching my nutrition closely and plus eye drops. I think once theres a big progress with the cure of sjorgen or such kind of immun problems, we should just try them, more possible that till then our condition should be precisely diagnosed. Keep thinking positive.

Comment

Working...
      X