Runny nose-part of Sjogrens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runny nose-part of Sjogrens

sorry to post this here but I am so familiar with this board. Anyone with Sjogrens have a constant runny nose. Mine is always dripping. It is quite uncomfortable physically as well as socially. Anything to reduce the drippiness? sorry to be disgusting!
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

I don't know if it's part of SjS, but many people have this problem due to allergies---so many, I think, that it's not very "memorable" in social situations. Always having a tissue, dabbing your nose before it drips on something---not very "refined" I know---but a common enough action that you needn't worry about it.

Can't say that I can think of any way to reduce drippiness that wouldn't dry out the nasal passages. Maybe the nose is dripping because of sinus and mucous membranes that don't have the right kind of secretions to be stable, so they're affected by every little change in air temperature, errant perfumes, and dust. So what does a "normal" nose do when irritated? It runs, you sneeze---something like that.

I don't have the runniness, but I tend to have the post-nasal drop down the back of my throat all night long---tickling, coughing. I've been using vaseline inside my nostrils lately, which you could try. The mucous membranes seem too delicate and vulnerable to cracking and irritations, when just left to fend for themselves.

C
    (Sjogren's dry eyes, hypothyroid)

Comment

Originally posted by kcoffiner View Post
      sorry to post this here but I am so familiar with this board. Anyone with Sjogrens have a constant runny nose. Mine is always dripping. It is quite uncomfortable physically as well as socially. Anything to reduce the drippiness? sorry to be disgusting!
      Runny nose is a side effect of some Sjogrens medications, but it's hard to imagine it as part of Sjogrens itself since Sjogrens causes moisture loss not excess?
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Maybe the runny nose is from allergies? It seems more likely to me that Sjogrens would cause your nose to be dry not runny.

Comment

I also have a runny nose which is due to allergies and chronic sinusitis (which is supposed to make your eyes worse)...

Comment

Check that you haven't got nose polyps because constant dripping nose can be a sign of this - as can eye pain. In fact, a lot of the symptoms of dry eye can be caused by this - just been doing some research as I definitely have a lump inside my nose at the top and when it swells up it starts to affect my left eye. There are a lot of links - only just starting to look at this.

Comment

Working...
            X