Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is Nature's Best Vanilla Flavor Fizzy Cal-Citrate Dietary Supplement. I am already kind of hooked on it. I love the "zing". It makes me burp once immediately and entirely relieves distress. I think I could get really addicted here!

Comment

Are you sure that's the exact name? I can't find that anywhere. Where did you buy it??

Comment

Yes, that is it. I got it at our local Health Food Store.

Comment

I am some better. I dropped my Nexium from 40 mg to 20 mg on Friday and having a bit of rebound from that but hanging in there. I think the Nexium was causing my swollen ankles and so I have increased the speed of tapering off because that is a worry to me. I may skip my Nexium tonight and try to go to every other night with it. I got the Black Raspberry Powder. I also did some reading and added Probiotic Acidopholus to my regimen. I just want so badly to get off the drugs and find other ways to manage this.

Comment

Glad to hear you're doing a bit better. Probiotics are great stuff. I know they're supposed to be helpful to your digestive system in some way. I don't know if they truly help reflux at all, but I do know that having taken them regularly for a year and a half, I never got a cold during that time. They do help boost your immune system.

Comment

I skipped my Nexium last night. This is the first morning I have woke up without stomach pain in weeks. Go figure! I also think adding the acidopholus is helping too.

Comment

Yay! That's excellent news!

Comment

I have been mixing the Calcium Citrate with applesauce because I love the zing! I just started also adding the black raspberry powder to that mixture and the combination is absolutely just like a dessert for me!! Since I have not had to eat all the time (either the Nexium or the burning feeling compelled me) I have lost 6 pounds! I only needed to lose 5 so I am in good shape. Since going off the Nexium my energy is returning, and I just feel so much better in general. Darned swelling ankles (for weeks) are no longer swelling at all! It was the Nexium doing it according to my doctor. I cannot thank you enough for all of this. I know I am not home free with the stomach and have to watch lifestyle and eating like a hawk, but I am so thrilled to be off that nasty drug! Dry mouth is gone!!

Comment

I am soooo happy to hear that!
                    I know what you have been, and are, going through because I have been, and am, too.
                    With the dry mouth gone, you'll probably notice that your dry eyes won't be quite as bad, either. I still have dry eyes but when I was on the PPI's, they were horrible. Now they're just lousy. haha, I'll take lousy over horrible.

And so, now you know you do not have Sjogren's.
                    I'm glad I was able to help you.

I still can't find that fizzy calcium that you're taking. Searched all over online and can't find it.

Comment

I would be happy to buy some for you. I cannot remember the cost. I think around $10. I have learned to not skip it at all. Seems to be the key to managing the reflux that comes after a meal. Now that I am mixing it with the applesauce and black raspberry, it is something I really look forward to. My friend just started this same regimen and is already off her Prilosec!

Comment

That's really nice of you!
                        But that's OK, thank you - I'm hesitant to drink anything fizzy anyway. I've been staying away from carbonation and fizzyness since my own reflux started.

It just seems so odd that I don't see that product popping up ANYwhere on the internet, no matter how I searched for it. But I'm glad you found it and it's helped you so much.

Comment

I cannot do even one sip of carbonated drinks without paying for it. There is something different about this but I cannot explain it. It fizzes when it hits the applesauce, but not in your mouth. It just gives a zing when in your mouth. If you ever change your mind, let me know.

All I know is that I am getting better bit by bit and never dreamed things could be so good. Yes, I still have GERD and LPR and have to watch everything that goes into my mouth, but being off that awful Nexium is wonderful!

Comment

I am doing so, so much better!

I found this and found it quite interesting. I thought it might help someone here.

http://www.drnorthrup.com/womensheal...hp?topic_id=68

Comment

I followed her advice and experimented with wheat. Yup, that is a serious trigger for me and I had no idea!

Comment

Hi Ruby,
                                That's a good article. My Naturopath currently has me off of gluten, soy, and dairy. I'll be adding them back in one at a time to see if any of them set off any reaction. It's interesting that you found a clear cut case of sensitivity to wheat. If that's due to gluten, you also have to cut out oats, rye, and some other grains which I can't recall right now. You may want to check that out.
                                -NYer

Comment

Working...
                                X