This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serum tears and Restatis

can anyone tell me if either Restasis and serum tears helps with Sjogrens or dry eye and how long does it take

I know the restatis burns , but I hear it helps goblet cells regrow and the serum tears helps the epitheal tissue heals

can anyone tell me if either Restasis and serum tears helps with Sjogrens or dry eye and how long does it take

I know the restatis burns , but I hear it helps goblet cells regrow and the serum tears helps the epitheal tissue heals
    Hi Graeme: I have dry eye from lasik surgery and Sjogrens. No one can tell you whether Restasis or serum tears will help until you give it a concerted effort with your eye doctor. I've tried Restasis three times, the longest 7 months and it didn't help me. Others have had better results, but it may take up to 6 months to work.

Restasis does burn most of the time, but not always. I'm in the process of using serum tears for the first (and last) time. The drops are very soothing, but in the last couple of months, I have not noticed any lasting benefit. I just found out my medical insurance paid $2.42 of the $85 (including postage) for the drops. In other words, it's out of my range. The amount of drops derived from the blood is so small that I concentrated the serum drops on my worst eye. Again, you'd have to try the drops to see if they help. I had to travel a 200 mile round trip to have my blood drawn and have the drops made. Since I see no benefit, I believe my decision is to stop with this batch of drops.

Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
    X