X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good article on Sjogrens

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/07/he...tml?ref=health
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Thanks Lucy,

I don't get "checked for lymphoma" every 3 months by my rheumatologist, like the writer of the article did. The doctor just told me to check myself--armpits, groin, etc., for swollen lymph nodes, which I generally forget to do.

Does your doctor check the lymph glands during a routine visit? Just wondering.

C

Comment

Does your doctor check the lymph glands during a routine visit? Just wondering.
      No, Calli they don't.. It's more likely the PA I'm seeing and not the doc. I told the PA the other day at my check-up that my Schirmers were both zero as I'd just been checked at a U Hospital. She said, "oh, good." I said, "oh, no it isn't." What can I say?
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

dear Lucy, have you tried taking this medication? it helped me a lot

Dear Lucy,
        I have been diagnosed with Sjogren's after a biopsy was taken from my salivary glands which was positive for extensive lymphocyte infiltrates plus of course the impossibly dry eyes with the pain, mucous, redness, soreness....
        I am on Restasis and artificial tears and ointments....and I am trying to find the drug Salagen or Evoxac, but we dont have them here in Europe....
        What I am taking instead is Acetyl Cysteine-- it relieves eye soreness, breaks down the mucous and seems to help eyes make more tears, decreases inflammation too. Here we have it only in the oral form, but I intend to supplement the oral form with topical eye drops...
        It really helped me with my eyes....you need to take approx. 1200 mg a day to feel the effect....it is a good anti-aging antioxidant and immunity and energy booster, so its worth giving it a try....it also relieves my fatigue symptoms...

Comment

Working...
        X