This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for those with SJOGRENS and aqueous deficiency... androgen research

http://www.iovs.org/cgi/reprint/40/6/1261.pdf What's strange is that it's dated 1999 I was also wondering. Since they think androgen deficiency can cause Sjogrens, does that mean if we get our androgen levels higher, will it make Sjogrens go away????
    Last edited by ttdub; 19-Jun-2009, 11:11.

ttdub,

It would be really helpful to other members if rather than posting bare links you could put some kind of clue as to what they are about so that people will know whether it is something of interest to them before going to another site or (in this case) a pdf. Ditto for the thread title (which in this case I have edited).

Don't be disheartened by the 10-year date on the study. There is a great deal of current research on androgen and sex hormones in general as they relate to dry eye, and there are at least three drugs in some stage of development that are attempting to address such issues.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Oh ok, my apologies. I will work on that. I'm just tryinig to find hope in every direction I can. Thank you for the encouragement with the meds. Also, since there are meds that lower androgen, shouldn't there be meds that raise it as well?

Comment

Working...
      X