This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about corneal neovascularization

I'm going to soon start wearing contacts and I'm very worried about corneal neovascularization. I read about a study that found that at least 65% people had it after soft hydrogel lenses.

As you may know, vascularization of the cornea can cause blindness if a blood vessel grows through the middle of your cornea, obstructing your vision.

I'm trying to figure out what kind of contacts would be the least likely to lead to this. Since the major cause of vascularization seems to be lack of oxygen to the cornea I'm looking for contacts that allow for the most amount of oxygen to reach the cornea.

Does anyone know which these are, or can anyone suggest a contender? I mean, probably the type of lense that performs best in this regard is silicone hydrogel lenses, but what brad?
    Last edited by Randolph; 11-Sep-2010, 08:52.

Hi! I wear contacts and I tried Air Optix because they are silicone hydrogel which allows more oxygen through traditional soft contact lenses.

Seem that I have allergy to the specific material and couldn't wear them. So, I tried 1-Day Acuvue which don't allow as much oxygen as silicone hydrogel contacts but they feel moist for like 12 hours.

If you want silicone hydrogel try:
    Air Optix Aqua
    Biofinity
    Acuvue Oasys

Good luck!!!

Comment

Working...
    X