This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eye and daily contacts

I stopped wearing contacts several years ago due to discomfort due to dry eyes and an astigmatism (which the contact lens fitter didn't catch).

I now have a new doctor and I'm going to try Accuvue Moist daily contact lenses for astigmatism. My question is, what drops do people recommend during the day with contacts? Can I use preservative free artificial tears with these (like Tears Naturel Free) or do I have to get a drop specifically formulated for contact lenses?

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

I see that your posting is from a while back and am curious what you decided to do. I was just diagnosed with dry eye and really want to get contacts but I don't know the right route to take. Any suggestions you have will be greatly apprciated!

Comment

Originally posted by debcar7 View Post
      I see that your posting is from a while back and am curious what you decided to do. I was just diagnosed with dry eye and really want to get contacts but I don't know the right route to take. Any suggestions you have will be greatly apprciated!
      I got samples of Accuvue Moist daily lenses. So far I have only worn them once, they were OK until I took them off, and then my eyes felt really dry.

Comment

contacts

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
        I got samples of Accuvue Moist daily lenses. So far I have only worn them once, they were OK until I took them off, and then my eyes felt really dry.
        FYI, when I want to use contacts, I use Acuvue TruEye daily and they work just fine. I've tried those CooperVision contacts that are supposed to be for dry eye but they were horrible.

Comment

Working...
        X