X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sjogrens and contacts

Hello,

I am a 25 yr old female recently diagnosed with Sjogrens syndrome. I am taking Evocac (known to also induce tears) as well as Restasis. I am less than a month in without any benefit of yet. This may sound like a silly question considering my diagnosis but can contacts be worn at all or be of any clinical benefit. I have 0 tears which I know probably won't support a normal contact lens (previous to this May I wore contacts for 10 yrs). My eyes burn especially during computer use and are always red regardless if they are hurting or not. I have heard of the boston scleral lens. Is their any other device out there that would help with my dry eye?
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

In other posts, I have discussed in great detail my successes using silicone-hydrogel contact lenses such as Focus Night and Day and O2Optix for conditions ranging from filamentary keratitis to graft versus host disease. Scleral lenses would probably work as well, but those are a pain to fit and expensive as well. However, these are potentially serious conditions, and bandage lenses always need to be used under strict supervision, as infections are not uncommon, even with scleral lenses.

Comment

Working...
    X