Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: How many hours do you spend on a computer in a week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: How many hours do you spend on a computer in a week?

This was suggested by EllMitcho (thank you!).

And I think in light of Cindy's suggestion about reduced computer time, it may be a good reminder to us to cut down when we can.

Also perhaps a good time for some computer use reminders (feel free to post additional tips)

- Use appropriate filters
    - Look down at the screen
    - Use tears more often if needed
    - BLINK more often try a blinker
    - Use a humidifier
    - Make sure no vents are blowing air around you when you're on the computer
    - WEAR MOISTURE CHAMBER GLASSES
    0-7
    5.26%
    8-14
    3.51%
    15-21
    8.77%
    22+
    82.46%
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Bump...

Com'n, theres more than 10 people reading this... Im interested in the large scale results of this although its already looking pretty lopsided. I guess people that use computer so much visit the site a lot! I know im on this stupid dry eye inducing machine all day every day during the week!

bassfan

Comment

I just voted -- I use the computer more than 22 hours per week. Unfortunately, I can't currently reduce that time because my job involves using the computer all day every day. I've thought about changing jobs but most professional jobs require substantial computer use -- at least the ones that I have researched. Any ideas of good professions for people with severe dry eye???

-Julie

Comment

Hi Rebecca and everyone!

This is my first post. Just looking around and finding lots of useful information at the moment. Just a thought, though, regarding computer use. I think your "blinkers" are a great idea, but is it possible to keep it on the desktop the whole time online (and not just your website)? I think it would be really helpful to have it there constantly.

thanks
        Bluebrit

Comment

I'm on my computer about 6 hours a day so I guess it would be about 30 hours a week.

Comment

Hi Bluebrit and welcome!

Originally posted by bluebrit
            Just a thought, though, regarding computer use. I think your "blinkers" are a great idea, but is it possible to keep it on the desktop the whole time online (and not just your website)?
            Sure. They're not actually tied to our site at all. You just click on one and it opens in its own web window. You can bookmark it so that you can get it back anytime you have the browser open. The most practical way to use it is to move the main window(s) over to the right a little and put the blinker in the corner. Or if you're on a Mac, just drag it to a stickie. Here's a link to a thread where people have posted some ideas.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Clearly the population is skewed somewhat however the results so far are interesting. I use the pc for work all day then like to play video games all night . my dry eye symtoms are worsened considerably by extended computer use. I am definately going to give the blinky a go !

KEEP VOTING!!

EllMitcho
              The magic gloop IS out there somewhere - right?

Comment

computer definately makes my eyes worse
                I have to ration myself on this site at the moment which really annoys me
                I wear sun glasses too
                stella

Comment

Working...
                X