This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact lenses dilemma

I have pretty bad DE, so i am not supposed to wear contact lenses; however, i cann't wear glasses because i feel pain on my nose and ears, pretty bad pain.

So, i end up wearing contact lenses because i can't bear those glasses, doesn't matter how light they are. I am sure this facial pain problem is caused by DE because every time my eyes conditions are better, the pain gets less. Even though the contact lenses i am wearing are Acuvue Oasis, the best out there, i am still very concerned.

Really dont' know what to do. Just pray.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to hear about you struggles. You should really get glasses that fit you better. Maybe even some wrap arounds so less weight is on your nose. Sounds like you need to be refit for glasses. They should be able to find something that feels comfortable. If your doc eye glass tech doesn't fit you right go to someone else. And please avoid contact lense wear and dry eye. It can lead to more severe problems which are abundent on this message board. Good luck!

Comment

Have you thought of lens implants? There are few posts about them.

I think you would be a good candidate for this

Comment

Ironically enough, my eyes aint' feeling too bad. But i am still very concerned.

Just moved to a new city, will be see a new eye doc. See what she will say.

Originally posted by TheJuicer View Post
        Sorry to hear about you struggles. You should really get glasses that fit you better. Maybe even some wrap arounds so less weight is on your nose. Sounds like you need to be refit for glasses. They should be able to find something that feels comfortable. If your doc eye glass tech doesn't fit you right go to someone else. And please avoid contact lense wear and dry eye. It can lead to more severe problems which are abundent on this message board. Good luck!

Comment

what are lens implants? never heared of them. Please give a little more info if you.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Delta View Post
          Have you thought of lens implants? There are few posts about them.

I think you would be a good candidate for this

Comment

Go see Dr. L. He is the best in this area by far.
            Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

My glasses give me red marks on my nose and are really uncomfortable, as I just can't get thinner lenses but I just have to suck it up as I can't do lenses.
              just keep swimming...

Comment

I found the answer to this for myself. I have REALLY bad eyes and cannot see well with glasses. I have worn RGP's for 35 years but the dry eye ended that. Tried soft contacts, but never could see decently. Doctor prescribed Synergeyes contacts for my dry eye and for my vision. They are a hard contact in the center for acuity, that is held slightly off the eye by a soft contact skirt. It is all one piece and I have perfect vision and it also holds moisture to my eye so my dry eye is really tolerable to almost unnnoticeable on a good day like today where I have only used drops once in the last 12 hours and have had only slight discomfort when I went outside at noon. If I were to remove the contacts now, within 30-45 minutes my dry eye would be almost unbearable. I have a friend and a relative who have had identical results to mine.

These can be prescribed by any general optometrist who has been trained in how to fit them. They are about 10-15% more expensive than my old RGP's were. I cannot say enough about how these changed my life when I got them 4 months ago.

Comment

Hi Rubyslippers,

Thanks for your warmhearted reply.

I will see a new Dr. next week and see what she will say.

I don't know anything about synergeyes contacts, but i am wearing Acuvue Oasys, two week disposal. They are great, i don't get worse with those, and they also work kind of like chambers holding moisture. However, i still feel dry, the pupil areas covered by contacts are not bad, but the uncovered parts, especially the two corners, they are not good. Red veins in those corners.

Originally posted by rubyslippers View Post
                  I found the answer to this for myself. I have REALLY bad eyes and cannot see well with glasses. I have worn RGP's for 35 years but the dry eye ended that. Tried soft contacts, but never could see decently. Doctor prescribed Synergeyes contacts for my dry eye and for my vision. They are a hard contact in the center for acuity, that is held slightly off the eye by a soft contact skirt. It is all one piece and I have perfect vision and it also holds moisture to my eye so my dry eye is really tolerable to almost unnnoticeable on a good day like today where I have only used drops once in the last 12 hours and have had only slight discomfort when I went outside at noon. If I were to remove the contacts now, within 30-45 minutes my dry eye would be almost unbearable. I have a friend and a relative who have had identical results to mine.

These can be prescribed by any general optometrist who has been trained in how to fit them. They are about 10-15% more expensive than my old RGP's were. I cannot say enough about how these changed my life when I got them 4 months ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X